Author Topic: Frequently Asked Questions about SH3/SH4/SH5  (Read 11300 times)

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
Frequently Asked Questions about SH3/SH4/SH5
« on: July 12, 2009, 04:40:24 PM »
This post is intended to collect questions and answers to our favorite games: SH3/SH4/SH5
So if you have any questions regarding the games, how to do this or how to do that, then ask them in this thread, and as soon as someone has answered the question, it will be added to the main post here below.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 02:08:27 PM by Carotio »

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline honglong17

• Landratte
Re: Frequently Asked Questions about SH3/SH4/SH5
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 12:33:15 PM »
i want to ask you about SH5, after finish the first mission (sink 3 ship and dock in Kiev), i speak with the commander to receiver mission, but after the talk nothing happen, no mission were given. Can you help me please

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III

Offline honglong17

• Landratte
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 04:26:33 PM »
In SH5, how to find a merchant in a patrol each time a merchant appear in the map, when i get close to this point nothing was found, it seem like this ship had been gone for a long time

Offline Wolfman

• In the dungeon
  • Landratte
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 04:50:49 AM »
I have Silent Hunter III V1.4.
I got the stock version of the Warship Mod 3.0 from Chinese U-47.  I got in using JSGME and i'm pretty sure i installed it properly.  I read posted directions and followed them.  I open silent hunter 3 and the WSM loading screens come up.  But when i load the mission the command report box says either "Flak Gun 1 Destroyed
           Flak Gun 2 Destroyed
           Flak Gun 3 Destroyed"
or      "Radar Destroyed"
or it says nothing.  but i cannot put people in the guns.  flak or deck guns.  the ship model has no guns at all on it.  the sidebar with the choice of flak or deck gun becomes opaque and cannot select it.  Ship moves and everything else is fine but there are no guns on the deck.  i have no idea what the problem is.  On every ship model there are no guns.  Im getting desperate because this sounds so awesome. computerbad

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 01:31:56 AM »
Wolfman,

I can't answer your question, since I have never used that particular mod.
However, another matter: you have used an unvalid email adress when you signed up in SHMF. That's a no go here. Please correct it asap.  copsm

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 12:40:20 PM »
It is possible that you have overwritten the basic file if all the ships are acting the same way.
If you read the instructions it might say what ship to use at a certain time of the war   scrtg

Offline ijnfleetadmiral

• Oberleutnant zur See
  • "I just don't give a f**k!" - Eminem
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 09:28:38 PM »
I'm having the same problem Wolfman is, and I'm using a Type VIIB, which according to the first ship pack converts into a Deutschland-class Panzerschiffe. I started a new campaign, beginning in August 1939, and OBVIOUSLY those vessels were in use at that point.  banghead Freaking sucks because this is such a cool mod.

-Matt
"Our orders are simple: go out, find the enemy, sink him, escape to kill again, and return home safely. It does not matter how the enemy travels, in convoy, in pairs, or alone...I will find him and sink him wherever he is. This is the task assigned to me as a U-boat commander." - KL Kurt Hossel (my SH3 persona)

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 04:15:36 PM »
I haven't played any of the SH games for a long time. SH4 was booted up end of 2011 the last time!!!

I have considered installing SH3 and SH4 on my laptop, but it's win7 64-bit. Is there anything I must know before installing on a 64-bit version?

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 08:36:34 PM »
same old same as really don't install to the program files folder  thup1

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 12:04:26 AM »
same old same as really don't install to the program files folder  thup1

I did recall that. I just couldn't remember if there was something else.
Anyway, I copied my LSHv5 install frem desktop to laptop, and it worked right out of the box.
Now, I haven't played this game for years, so it was like a completely new game (except for the old graphics...), and thus I really needed to go back to the school to refresh how to play and control the game. Damn, being away from a game - not to mention modding - for years actually make you forget lots of things about this game. I doubt I will ever be particular active in modding ever again. If lucky, I may remember where I put some unpublished work and then just publish it....