Author Topic: getting my feet wet  (Read 9267 times)

Offline sven

  • Landratte
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: +0/-0
getting my feet wet
« on: May 10, 2013, 03:14:37 PM »
Hope I'm doing this right, never done it before. I have played sub-sims since the early days on intelivision and Amiga. Currently playing SH-4 on a Mac booting up in windows strictly for that purpose. Wish they had a good mac compatible game so I would not have to switch operating systems to play. I got on this board to try and get answers to questions I could not find the answer to in the manual. I would also like to dip my toe into the "mod" pool and see if I can have some fun bending the parameters a bit.

Offline Stew U-582

  • Matrosengefreiter
  • *
  • Posts: 10
  • Karma: +0/-0
Re: getting my feet wet
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 01:16:55 AM »
There is a world of mods out there for SH4 , May I sugest a Mod Called
Triger Maru overhauled combined with OM & RSRD campain
they are comprehensive mods with good documentation.
Im only a junior member so I cant grant you access to the forums
But when your set I sugest you check it out.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 01:35:43 AM by Stew U-582 »

Offline ijnfleetadmiral

  • Oberleutnant zur See
  • *
  • Posts: 814
  • Karma: +63/-0
  • "I just don't give a f**k!" - Eminem
Re: getting my feet wet
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 08:05:28 PM »
If you care to play Axis in SH4 besides the German missions, I believe there is a mod that allows you to play as an IJN sub skipper.
"Our orders are simple: go out, find the enemy, sink him, escape to kill again, and return home safely. It does not matter how the enemy travels, in convoy, in pairs, or alone...I will find him and sink him wherever he is. This is the task assigned to me as a U-boat commander." - KL Kurt Hossel (my SH3 persona)

Offline Stew U-582

  • Matrosengefreiter
  • *
  • Posts: 10
  • Karma: +0/-0
Re: getting my feet wet
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 06:26:48 AM »
If you care to play Axis in SH4 besides the German missions, I believe there is a mod that allows you to play as an IJN sub skipper.


I believe its called Fall Of The Rising Sun but not %100 sure if  you google sh4 FORTS I think you will find the jap mod

Offline Phoenix 1957

  • SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • *
  • Posts: 1822
  • Karma: +16/-1
  • Silent Hunter III
Re: getting my feet wet
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 10:13:22 AM »
 confusedeyes




Offline sven

  • Landratte
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: +0/-0
Re: getting my feet wet
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 03:17:26 PM »
Sorry about all the problems you are having with some idiots. I ran into them in a popular reef keeping forum. They made it difficult for all and took a lot of fun out of it. I'm still interested in joining if and when you get around to it. I would love to try some of the mods. I've never done anything like that before. There are lots of things I would like to be able to tweek in the game.
Thanks,

Sven

Offline Phoenix 1957

  • SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • *
  • Posts: 1822
  • Karma: +16/-1
  • Silent Hunter III
Re: getting my feet wet
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 10:44:00 PM »
 urWelcome to SHMF sven the site is open to you now




Offline Carotio

  • Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • *
  • Posts: 1849
  • Karma: +35/-2
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
Re: getting my feet wet
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 10:48:42 PM »
Sorry about all the problems you are having with some idiots. I ran into them in a popular reef keeping forum. They made it difficult for all and took a lot of fun out of it. I'm still interested in joining if and when you get around to it. I would love to try some of the mods. I've never done anything like that before. There are lots of things I would like to be able to tweek in the game.
Thanks,

Sven

A polite new member, yes, we like you allready.  sm08
 urWelcome

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline sven

  • Landratte
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: +0/-0
Re: getting my feet wet
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 05:20:54 PM »
Thanks guys, I'll try and be helpful and give as much as I take.

Thanks again. Got a Yamato on the scope right now and I intend to do it harm with a torpedo to the soft underbelly.