Author Topic: Submarines are safer than Airplanes.  (Read 6369 times)

Offline ProfessorGrendel

  • Landratte
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
Submarines are safer than Airplanes.
« on: August 30, 2012, 10:39:56 PM »
The proof is that there are more Airplanes in the water than there are Submarines in the air! Classic.

Anti-spam post:

Just decided to go ahead and get SH5, now that I've done some research on various enhancements and fixes. I'm a sim guy, so I try and play the most realistic possible, i.e. no map contacts, external camera, the lot.

That should do it I suppose. I look forward to becoming a member of the community!
"Of all the branches of men in the forces there is none which shows more devotion and faces grimmer perils than the submariners." 
-Sir Winston S. Churchill

Offline ijnfleetadmiral

  • Oberleutnant zur See
  • *
  • Posts: 814
  • Karma: +63/-0
  • "I just don't give a f**k!" - Eminem
Re: Submarines are safer than Airplanes.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 02:08:19 AM »
 urWelcome aboard!

-Matt
"Our orders are simple: go out, find the enemy, sink him, escape to kill again, and return home safely. It does not matter how the enemy travels, in convoy, in pairs, or alone...I will find him and sink him wherever he is. This is the task assigned to me as a U-boat commander." - KL Kurt Hossel (my SH3 persona)

Offline Phoenix 1957

  • SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • *
  • Posts: 1822
  • Karma: +16/-1
  • Silent Hunter III
Re: Submarines are safer than Airplanes.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 08:36:14 PM »
 urWelcome to SHMF the site is open  thup1




Offline ProfessorGrendel

  • Landratte
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
Re: Submarines are safer than Airplanes.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 01:33:57 AM »
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!
"Of all the branches of men in the forces there is none which shows more devotion and faces grimmer perils than the submariners." 
-Sir Winston S. Churchill

Offline ijnfleetadmiral

  • Oberleutnant zur See
  • *
  • Posts: 814
  • Karma: +63/-0
  • "I just don't give a f**k!" - Eminem
Re: Submarines are safer than Airplanes.
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 07:59:29 AM »
How many versions of the series have you played? The only one I don't have is SH5.

-Matt
"Our orders are simple: go out, find the enemy, sink him, escape to kill again, and return home safely. It does not matter how the enemy travels, in convoy, in pairs, or alone...I will find him and sink him wherever he is. This is the task assigned to me as a U-boat commander." - KL Kurt Hossel (my SH3 persona)

Offline Carotio

  • Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • *
  • Posts: 1849
  • Karma: +35/-2
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
Re: Submarines are safer than Airplanes.
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 08:51:46 PM »
 urWelcome

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.