Author Topic: Permission to come aboard  (Read 3870 times)

Offline Dogface

  • Landratte
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
Permission to come aboard
« on: June 02, 2012, 03:36:35 PM »
Hello

I am a student of WW2 submarine warfare in the Pacific.

I have played all of the first four SH games. And I love SH1, it is my favorite game of all time! I spent many hours setting up attacks and evading destroyers. I think the immersion in that game was fantastic.

I was very disappointed with the controls on SH4. In SH1 you could use the keyboard for everything. I would sit with my head down, listening to the sonar as I spun the dial. In SH4 you have to click on the screen with the mouse, and go back and forth between mouse and keyboard. Clicking on the screen loses some of the immersive qualities for me.

I was hoping to find a mod that re-mapped the controls to the keyboard. Hopefully just as they were in SH1.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 03:44:33 PM by Dogface »

Offline Phoenix 1957

  • SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • *
  • Posts: 1822
  • Karma: +16/-1
  • Silent Hunter III
Re: Permission to come aboard
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 05:05:05 PM »
 urWelcome to SHMF Dogface the site is open for you  thup1




Offline ijnfleetadmiral

  • Oberleutnant zur See
  • *
  • Posts: 814
  • Karma: +63/-0
  • "I just don't give a f**k!" - Eminem
Re: Permission to come aboard
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 06:32:03 PM »
 urWelcome aboard!

-Matt
"Our orders are simple: go out, find the enemy, sink him, escape to kill again, and return home safely. It does not matter how the enemy travels, in convoy, in pairs, or alone...I will find him and sink him wherever he is. This is the task assigned to me as a U-boat commander." - KL Kurt Hossel (my SH3 persona)

Offline Carotio

  • Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • *
  • Posts: 1849
  • Karma: +35/-2
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
Re: Permission to come aboard
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 01:21:47 AM »
 urWelcome

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.