Author Topic: Hi There  (Read 3539 times)

Offline animaal

  • Landratte
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
Hi There
« on: July 16, 2012, 12:21:23 PM »
Hi.

The last sub sim I spent time on was "Silent Service" - on the ZX Spectrum. With the latest Steam sale, I'm looking to get SH4, for less than I paid for Silent Service (£10, about twenty years ago). I'm looking forward to an increase in accuracy...    ;D

I think my laptop will manage the slicker presentation of SH4 (I5, 8GM RAM, Intel HD3000). I was very tempted by the more European setting of SH3, but I won't have time to go deep into both SH3 and 4 - at least not if I want to stay married. Having found this site, it looks like the Mosun mod results in the best of both worlds. Happy days!

I can't believe the sheer breadth and depth of customisations to the Silent Hunter sims. It'll take quite a while to understand how everything fits together, I can't imagine how much effort it's taken to actually design it all! Obviously some very knowledgable people spend time here.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 01:17:56 PM by animaal »

Offline Phoenix 1957

  • SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • *
  • Posts: 1822
  • Karma: +16/-1
  • Silent Hunter III
Re: Hi There
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 07:25:54 PM »
 urWelcome to SHMF animaal the site is now open  thup1




Offline ijnfleetadmiral

  • Oberleutnant zur See
  • *
  • Posts: 814
  • Karma: +63/-0
  • "I just don't give a f**k!" - Eminem
Re: Hi There
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 11:23:36 PM »
 urWelcome aboard!

-Matt
"Our orders are simple: go out, find the enemy, sink him, escape to kill again, and return home safely. It does not matter how the enemy travels, in convoy, in pairs, or alone...I will find him and sink him wherever he is. This is the task assigned to me as a U-boat commander." - KL Kurt Hossel (my SH3 persona)