Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3476 times)

Offline Col1948

  • Landratte
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
Hello
« on: June 29, 2012, 02:21:45 PM »
I'm introducing myself as requested.
I used to play SH1, SH2, and SH3 a few years ago and even got involved doing a few mods on SH2 as well.
I stopped playing the sim mainly because at the time I didn't like the controlling of the crew, having to keep changing them about giving them rest etc.
does SH4 or 5 include this and can you follow the sub in external view like you could in SH2?

Offline Phoenix 1957

  • SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • *
  • Posts: 1822
  • Karma: +16/-1
  • Silent Hunter III
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 07:47:50 PM »
 urWelcome to SHMF Col1948 I'm sure someone will answer you soon also the site is now open to you  thup1




Offline ijnfleetadmiral

  • Oberleutnant zur See
  • *
  • Posts: 814
  • Karma: +63/-0
  • "I just don't give a f**k!" - Eminem
Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 11:20:43 PM »
 urWelcome aboard!

Yes, you can follow the sub in SH4; hit the period key on your keyboard, and that will take you to the ship viewer. Not only can you view your sub in this mode, but any enemy ships that might be in your direct vicinity. I don't know if the same thing is available on SH5, as I don't have that game.

-Matt
"Our orders are simple: go out, find the enemy, sink him, escape to kill again, and return home safely. It does not matter how the enemy travels, in convoy, in pairs, or alone...I will find him and sink him wherever he is. This is the task assigned to me as a U-boat commander." - KL Kurt Hossel (my SH3 persona)