Silent Hunter Mods Forum

Off-Topic Area => Anti-Spam Board => : Alisanos June 26, 2012, 03:19:22 AM

: Hello Forum
: Alisanos June 26, 2012, 03:19:22 AM
Just begun playing SH3 on a Vista machine, liked the training and exams, haven't managed to patch the game yet Vista won't accept it.

Just ordered SH5 to play on my Win 7 machine, should arrive tomorrow. Found this forum after searching for reviews for Silent Hunter.

Have a good day all.
: Re: Hello Forum
: Phoenix 1957 June 26, 2012, 11:51:00 AM
Hi Alisanos there could be two reasons why you cannot patch the game on a Vista machine or
for that case a Window 7 machine.
(1) if you have purchased the game within the last 3-4 years it is most likely already patched
     even if it don't say so
(2) Always install the game outside the protected files folder I.E. PROGAME FILES Folders.
      just set the install path to something like C:Ubisoft/Silent Hunter


urWelcome to SHMF Alisanos the site is now open to you  thup1
: Re: Hello Forum
: Alisanos June 26, 2012, 10:53:50 PM
Thanks for the tip about installing outside of programme folders, does this apply to SH5 as well, I have ordered that on DVD and should receive it tomorrow?

I would much prefer to run the SH3 version on my Win7 machine as it is much more powerful, will it run ok on 7 or should I leave it on Vista. On the tin it says XP or Vista so I assumed it would run better (without glitches) on vista.
: Re: Hello Forum
: Phoenix 1957 June 27, 2012, 07:49:06 AM
if your SH3 version has starforce in it then this can cause trouble on Windows 7 if not all should be good.
SH5 will install outside program files by default if I remeber correct  scrtg
: Re: Hello Forum
: Carotio June 27, 2012, 01:50:06 PM
 urWelcome
: Re: Hello Forum
: ijnfleetadmiral June 27, 2012, 02:11:09 PM
 urWelcome aboard!

-Matt
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.