Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 2490 times)

Offline DrFoster

• Landratte
Howdy
« on: June 11, 2011, 01:16:07 AM »
Hi guys--

This is a great website; I'm happy to see you've come up with such an innovative way to combat those spammer d!cks.

Thanks for the great mods and providing a single place to host the best of the best for SH. I've been playing since the game was 2-d crosshairs over ship silhouettes and firing simple solutions with the spacebar, haha! Wow, the game has come a VERY long way! Personally, I think the walk-through feature of SH5 is cool, but the internet connection protection is a joke. I travel a lot and if it wasn't for 4G wireless on my Alienware laptop, I'd never get to enjoy the mods I've added...

...requesting "Permission to come aboard!"  drwn

-Dr Foster

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
Re: Howdy
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 01:28:23 AM »
Hi Dr Foster and  urWelcome

Yes, I had to think up something new to fight the fucking spammers. Different forum softwares can be upgraded with some mods to fight them, but the software developpers of the unspeakable spammer software will eventually find a way. But not with this human controlled measurement. Yes, it's a bit a PITA, but then again: the spammers can only post in this board, and the genuine players gets a chance for a nice welcome from other subsimmers on this forum. And btw, you can swear here if you like. I don't give a shit, unless it's all over a post in an offensive way.  sm09

Now, you talk about SH5. To be honest: I have still not purchased it. I was close once, when it was at a give-away price. But I missed it. I'm not going to buy it untill it's at that level again. I was DEEPLY dissapointed of the 1943 end and the type VII boats only feature. What kind of crap is that? So, I'm still waiting. My SH3 and my SH4 is collecting dust atm. I don't have time for them.

Anyway, I shall shortly grant you permission to post wherever you want.  mat1

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 10:34:55 AM »
Hello Dr Foster and welcome glad you enjoy looking around the forums
if you have any questions about anything just post it and we will see if we can help

urWelcome   thup1

Offline DrFoster

• Landratte
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 01:07:06 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Honestly gentlemen, this website is so damn good, I haven't had a SINGLE question about any of the mods I use in what... several years of this website being in my bookmarks? Everyone here is awesome, the install process is so streamlined and smooth... I'd pay to be a member if that keeps out those chumps! This site is THAT GOOD.

See you on the forums!

piratey