Author Topic: [REL] Intercontinental Radio Pack  (Read 57497 times)

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
[REL] Intercontinental Radio Pack
« on: January 24, 2009, 01:26:46 AM »
Intercontinental Radio Pack, version 1 for SH4 v1.5

Proudly presented by Carotio

Latest update: 2009-01-30

Download:
For forum members only. Sign up and find download links in the SH4 Mods child forum.
Members can click on this:
download1

Size unpacked:
5,37gb  WTFu214

------------------------------

So what's in it?

I have made 3 German radio stations:

Berlin:
music is mostly only German music and it's a mix of normal music, some national inspired music and military marches. 105 tracks
radio is only German radio broadcasts. 90 tracks

Hamburg:
music is both popular German music and some foreign music. 51 tracks
radio is mostly in English - some propaganda, a few messages, which were not really acceptable in 3rd Reich (defaitive ones) and a few foreign ones (French, Italian). 116 tracks

Wien (Vienna):
music is music from 1910 till 1938. 219 tracks
radio is the music from 1939 till 1945 appearing at the end of the year - november/december - towards Christmas Eve. 130 tracks.

I have also made one French radio station:

Paris:
music tracks: 58 tracks
radio events: 28 tracks

This French station will represent the official France, and not Vichy France. Thus it will broadcast speeches of De Gaulle from the Free French and resistance encrypted messages, but it maintains its name of the capital of France.

For the American skippers, there's radio additions too:

I have added both music and more events to Washington:
music tracks: 25 tracks
radio events: 102 tracks, of which the 16 tracks are music

And finally, from Japan:

I have added one Tokyo channel with:
traditional music: 33 tracks
radio events: 10 tracks

All of the above is made in the ogg format instead of mp3. Old habit from SH3. The ogg seamed to run more smoothly than mp3.
Besides, less chance to have trouble with hosts, when hosting ogg rather than mp3, even packed in rar.

In the pack, there's also the following radio mods:

BBC (166 original radio events)
CBS NEWS (version 1+2 mixed) (162 original events)
Hollywood (146 original radio events, no music)
Radio Honolulu  (106 original radio music tracks)

If you allready have those, you may want to delete them. But those 4 radio stations are however now converted to ogg and fully reworked.  chatten I have found sources with more radio events, so I have updated all radio stations with more music and radio events:
BBC: +42 more event tracks
CBS NEWS: +114 more event tracks, of which many are from NBC, thus renaming this station to CBS-NBC. Some of the original events were not in the events.ini file. That is fixed. Some original events have been replaced with longer better version. And in overall, the schedule in events.ini has been reworked in order to fit in all the new events.
Hollywood: +3 more music tracks as radio events and +17 music tracks for when there ain't no events (before just silence/noice).

So reworked, it looks like this:
BBC: 67 music tracks + 208 radio events
CBS-NBC: 43 music tracks + 227 radio events
Hollywood: 17 music tracks + 149 music tracks made as radio events
Radio Honolulu: 106 music tracks, no radio events

All radio stations run from August 1938 till August 1945

j12

Now, I have added my radio.ini file, which is made for the above radio stations and those alone. If you have more or want less, you'll have to edit it. In my tests, I think a distance of 6 is enough for the frequences.
And I have added in data/sound/music a cfg file removing all of the theme music.
And I have checked the mod with Digital Truckers radio checking program and there should be no problems, so go ahead and try it out.

COPYRIGHT:
You are free to:
- share: to copy, distribute and transmit the work
- remix: to adapt the work
Without my permission.
Under the following conditions:
- Credit list: You must mention who made the original work. Which is me plus all the supplying modders.
- Attribution: You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that he endorse you or your use of the work).
- Share Alike: If you alter, transform or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one. Don’t wanna share? Then don’t use! If you choose to use and not share yourself, that action gives everybody carte blanche to use your mods.
Inspirational source for copyright permission:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/fr/deed.en

SUPPORT:
My mod site: http://carotio.awardspace.com/
My forum with mod hosting: http://www.silenthuntermods.com/forum/
Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano

CREDITS:
Digital Trucker - RadioStationManager v2
CaptainCox - CBS NEWS radio mods
nvdrifter - Radio Honolulu
tedhealy - Hollywood radio mod
NN/John Doe - BBC radio mod
Sailor Steve - lots of original German music
ZKMT mod team - SH4_Trans-Atlantic_Radio
Ziem - Radio Saigon French Music vol I
Rocco - French audio events
fred8615 - various music/events files

I have to say that I did not ask all of the above mentioned modders for permission to use "their" files, simply because I very much doubt that any of them OWN the copyright to the sound files. But I mention them as sources nevertheless. Some have provided files to me for this project by request.

Besides for the above mentioned radio mods: BBC and CBS-NBC, I have found a rich source in this site as well:
Golden Age of Radio : World War II News Broadcasts
Which I have used to update the German channels, plus BBC and CBS-NBC.
I have got a lot of the events and music from other sources like CDs and websites, but I don't recall the names or adresses right now.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 10:15:14 PM by Carotio »

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline Ploofy

• Matrose
Re: [REL] Intercontinental Radio Pack
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 04:12:15 AM »
Thx for this wonderful job !!!  thup1

It works with SHV !  mat1

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 09:19:41 AM »
Thx for this wonderful job !!!  thup1

It works with SHV !  mat1

You're welcome. I'm not aware if it should work with SH5. AFAIK there's no radio or even grammaphone in SH5. Is there?

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline Ploofy

• Matrose
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 02:14:48 PM »

You're welcome. I'm not aware if it should work with SH5. AFAIK there's no radio or even grammaphone in SH5. Is there?

Je répondrais en français. j'espère que cela ne pose pas de problème )...my english is too bad  :-\
Oui, il y a une radio et un gramophone dans SHV.
 Mais les développeurs n'ont pas ajouté les fonctions pour s'en servir. banghead
Ce sont les moddeurs qui ont fait ce travail !  clap1

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 02:37:46 PM »
Je répondrais en français. j'espère que cela ne pose pas de problème )...my english is too bad  :-\
Oui, il y a une radio et un gramophone dans SHV.
 Mais les développeurs n'ont pas ajouté les fonctions pour s'en servir. banghead
Ce sont les moddeurs qui ont fait ce travail !  clap1

Biensur, que l'on peut écrire en français ici. Oui, en effet, je viens de faire un peu de recherche là-dessus, et un mec par le nom TheDarkWraith a fait un mod qui ouvre pour cela. Et oui, c'est incroyable que ce doit être les moddeurs qui font ce travail, et que ce n'était pas là au début. On verra s'il sera là dans l'un des prochains patchs par ubisoft, mais j'en doute un peu...
Bon, mais ce déjà bien alors que je peux utiliser mon mod dans SH5 aussi. Je ne l'ai pas encore acheté... parce que les dévs ont fait la guerre terminer en 1943 et que ce n'est que les sortes de VII, mais le pire c'est la sécurité que les joueurs doivent avoir une connexion d'internet. Mais heureusement ZygmuntTorpedo nous a montré comment éviter ce petit problème...

De toute façon,  bienvenue

Offline Ploofy

• Matrose
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 03:01:27 PM »
En réalité, je pense que les fonctions de la radio et du gramophone était prévues par les développeurs. Si on cherche dans les répertoires du jeu, il y a bien dans le répertoires "sound" les répertoires "radio" et "gramophone"...mais ils sont vide et les touches claviers n'existent pas !!!
Je pense que le jeu a été livré sans être terminé ( à cause des dates imposées par Ubisoft)...et que les futurs patchs corrigerons cela...heureusement que les modeurs corrigent ces "oublis"
Les DRM sont ennuyeux et pas assez fiables. Si Ubisoft ne fait rien pour améliorer cela, je vais regarder comment les contourner

Merci à toi  ;)

Offline Ploofy

• Matrose
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 10:54:06 PM »
..Bon, en réalité, le mod fait planter SHV quand on est sur radio Berlin après les chansons sur le premier discours.  sm05
C'est dommage car c'est un mod absolument superbe. Mais il était conçu pour SHIV...donc rien ne garantissait qu'il fonctionnerait avec SHV
Merci à toi  icw2

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 12:41:44 AM »
Je crois que je sais ce qui est le problème.
Erasez le fichier Music du mod. Cela contient un cfg avec de l'info pour SH4.
Puis dit-moi s'il y a toujours un problème en SH5.

Offline Ploofy

• Matrose
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 02:13:01 AM »
Le fichier music.cfg qui se trouve dans ...\data\sound\music ?
C'est celui-là qu'il faut  écraser avec celui de SHV ?
c'est un fichier qui fait appel aux musiques d'ambiance du jeu...je ne vois pas bien le rapport avec la radio mais je vais essayer et je te dirais si cela fonctionne  icw2

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 02:18:10 AM »
Oui, dans mon mod, c'est bien \data\sound\music\music.cfg qu'il faut enlever.
Je crois que c'est ce document qui pose des problèmes.
Mais il faut le faire avant de le mettre en marche par JSGME.

Et ceci n'est pas une garantie. Je sais pas si ça marche....  sm09

Offline Fudd

• Landratte
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 03:58:45 PM »
Not sure I understood the french posts (35 years ago I had french in school)
But if I read it correct it was complaining about there being no button for radio

Simple edit of commands.cfg will do the trick

search for cmd561 and edit it to the following:

[Cmd561]
Name=Toggle_Activate_UserRadio
Contexts=1
Key0=0x54,,"T"      <---------------------- This line makes radio work with pressing the 't' key

if you add s in between the commas it will be 'shift-t' instead  (Key0=0x54,s,"T")

If that wasn't the problem (remember, bad french) I apologize for butting in  hammer35
Vir p

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 05:33:22 PM »
No need to apologize, don't be silly  sm09
It's an important info you write there for this radio mod (or all radio mods) to work in SH5. That is, I think the patch 2 will correct this. So that manual edit of the command.cfg won't be necessary later. But yes, for now it is.

No, the French discussion is about \data\sound\music\music.cfg which I wrote for use with SH4. Since the SH5 music.cfg file is different, then this file should be removed before enabling it in JSGME.

I would be pleased to get some feedback for the use of this mod in SH5, so I know if any other measure is needed.

Offline Fudd

• Landratte
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 06:39:23 PM »

I've been using the mod for 2 days now and have had a few crashes (straight to desktop, game and launcher totally disappeared). In all 3 cases it happened on radio events as far as I remember. BBC playing music, news event comming in and crash within 3-4 seconds. Not 100% sure the mod was the cause, will note date/time on next crash and confirm that event was playing.

Anyways, VERY nice radio mod
Vir p

Offline nervouspete

• Matrose
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2010, 02:52:45 PM »
Posted on't download thread too:

This looks to be a superb mammoth work! Bravo matey! Unfortunately I can't get it working, as I get a CTD if it crashes to desktop. Trying to work out what mod it's conflicting with, but I fear it may be something else.

All the parts download fine apart from RAR 27, which only gets to about 35mb's worth and then stops stating, "Missing part of archive" or some such. I think it might need replacing and that might be the problem that's stopping it working properly on mine. Anyone else have this trouble or know a workaround? I've tried downloading it multiple times but no joy, it always stops around the 35mb mark.

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2010, 08:51:02 PM »
Okay, if RAR27 isn't complete, you'll have to redownload that part. To check if all parts are as they should be, I have uploaded PAR2 files to to check and repair if necessary.

When the download and unpacking is made, then you just enable it with JSGME.
If you get CTDs, you need to tell me, if you try to use it with SH4 or with SH5.
If it's with SH5, the mod needs a work-around, cause it wasn't made for SH5.

EDIT:
Oh, yeah,  urWelcome to SHMF
Feel free to participate in on-topic and off-topic subjects here.  sm09