Author Topic: [REL] Truk Corals Harbours Cities Locations  (Read 18377 times)

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
[REL] Truk Corals Harbours Cities Locations
« on: February 23, 2009, 05:38:19 PM »
Truk Corals Harbours Cities Locations v1.0

Last update: June 11th 2008

I have tried to rework the Truk atoll with the help of the terrain tool by ref and by kind info and images from akdavis: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=135442

I fully admit that this is not perfect, but it has taken me countless hours to rework from 1st version that I simply don't want to rework it further now. If you wanna do it, then fine with me. Just mention me as the original mod developper in your readme! I however reserve the right to do it later myself!

COPYRIGHT:
You are free to:
- share: to copy, distribute and transmit the work
- remix: to adapt the work
Without my permission.
Under the following conditions:
- Credit list: You must mention who made the original work. Which is me plus all the supplying modders.
- Attribution: You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Share Alike: If you alter, transform or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one. Don’t wanna share? Then don’t use!
Inspirational source for copyright permission:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/fr/deed.en

The mod includes:

Campaign_LOC which is my rework of the stock v1.5 file
[MapLocation 1009] to [MapLocation 1014] are the added harbours, cities and industry

SingleMission - is just for you to make a cruise, December 20th 1941, to see the atoll, sink the yamato and you'll see...

Terrain
The core of this mod, essential, it adds the terrain changes!

Some screenshots to show the mod:
Entire Truk Atoll

Atoll a little closer

A coral reef on the map

Sub with corals in the distance at the north entrance

Corals by day, notice how they look - this is the skin of my seafloor mod. If you use another seafloor mod than mine, they may appear white, yellow or whatever....

Corals in the dawn

My final version of Moen

Moen seen from the seaside

Sink Yamato :-)

Second last version of Dublon -> I had to modify the industry

My final version of Dublon, I can live with the location of the industry now, scattered on the south-eastern part of Dublon

This is more or less a little joke... ;)

This is no joke!!!!!! Don't make full speed inbetween the coral reefs!!!!!!

This is no joke!!!!!! Don't make full speed inbetween the coral reefs!!!!!!
MOMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 05:03:46 AM by Carotio »

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline almg

• Matrosengefreiter
Re: RE-REL: Truk Corals Harbours Cities Locations
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 04:34:04 PM »
J'ai seulement SHIV version 1.4: cela pose-t-il probléme ?

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
Re: RE-REL: Truk Corals Harbours Cities Locations
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 10:39:34 PM »
J'ai seulement SHIV version 1.4: cela pose-t-il probléme ?

Mmmm... je ne crois pas, mais je ne le sais pas non plus...  hmmmmmmmmmmm

Je crois que tu peux essayer quand même, si tu mets une copie de ton Campaign_LOC.mis à côté du mien, après l'avoir renommé à pe. Campaign_LOC1.mis, puis il faut faire une copie de [MapLocation 1009] à [MapLocation 1014] qui sont les ports, les villages et l'industrie que j'avais ajouté, ajouter cet info à ton Campaign_LOC.mis à la fin, et donner les MapLocations les bons numéros.

Mais il sera quand même un endroit un peu vide car le mod n'ajoute pas de bateaux là-dedans. Il faut construire ceci soi-même... Par le Mission Editor.  icw2

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline TheBeastBelow

• Matrose
Re: [REL] Truk Corals Harbours Cities Locations
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 12:20:40 PM »
Have you ever considered making a underground Sub Pen with the entrance and exit underwater that requires you to enter it to re-arm/fuel?

-TheBeastBelow

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 12:40:26 PM »
Have you ever considered making a underground Sub Pen with the entrance and exit underwater that requires you to enter it to re-arm/fuel?

-TheBeastBelow

I don't quite think that is possible to add in SH4. All seafloor and land and mountains raise from one lowest level (=the deepest ocean) and upwards only. No possibility to add holes into that.

It could be cool though. Lots of people have talked about such a thing in the past.

Offline TheBeastBelow

• Matrose
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 06:40:42 AM »
What if entire small island is 3D model sup pen with underwater entrance?

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 04:59:41 PM »
What if entire small island is 3D model sup pen with underwater entrance?

I don't know how to mod that. It was mentioned long time ago for the SH devs, but it doesn't seem to be worth trying to make it. So a modder would have to attempt making it, and sofar none has known how to do it.

Offline aanker

• Matrosengefreiter
Re: [REL] Truk mod Easter Egg?
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 10:15:45 PM »
I was minding my own business North of Truk Lagoon (in SH4) at dusk when what to my wandering eyes should appear - I sighted this huge pinnacle:
Edit, sorry - typo, approx 18 nm.
Lat  8° 0' 8" N, 151° 59' 50" E.

Happy Hunting!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 08:06:53 PM by aanker »

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 11:55:36 PM »
Haha WHAT  WTFu214

I didn't do that! At least, I know I have done something like that on purpose, and though I made this mod many years ago now, I don't think I made this by mistake either....

What's the mod combination?

Offline Viper

• Matrosengefreiter
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 11:30:51 PM »
I think someone misplaced Lot's Wife!  lol
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Offline aanker

• Matrosengefreiter
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 01:27:21 AM »
Haha WHAT  WTFu214

I didn't do that! At least, I know I have done something like that on purpose, and though I made this mod many years ago now, I don't think I made this by mistake either....

What's the mod combination?
It turned out to be a corrupt install - too many uses of the JSGME installing and uninstalling various mods did this, your mod on a fresh install does not have this 'artifact' : )

Happy Hunting!