Author Topic: [REL] Sub Images  (Read 6970 times)

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
[REL] Sub Images
« on: July 14, 2011, 08:51:44 PM »
These are 565 new images to replace the background image when the game first loads. It's intended to be used with my Background & Desk Photo Randomizer programs so you can have a new image every time you start a new game.

To install, just extract directly into your “Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific” folder. If for some reason you've renamed those folders, or don't use the “Ubisoft” folder, just make sure to extract to the same folder that “Data” is in. Click "Yes" when it asks if you want to overwrite any folders.

The images are only of U.S. subs, as I don't ever play the U-boat side. There are images for each separate class in the game, plus the Narwhal and Tench classes added by other mods. Some classes have more images than others, so you will tend to get more of one type than another. If there are any individual or sets of images you don't want to use, just delete them.

There's also an edited version of the Intro_logo_elem.dds file. For those like me who only play the U.S. side, I've removed the “U-boat Missions” part of the graphic. When you extract this mod, it will ask if you want to overwrite that file. Click “Yes” if you want the new image, “No” to keep the original. Because both the original Intro_logo_elem.dds and Intro_logo_bkg.dds files will get overwritten, I've included backup copies of both. To restore them, remove the .bak extension.

Special thanks to Navsource (http://www.navsource.org/) which was the source of these images, and to the developers of The Compressonator (http://developer.amd.com/tools/compressonator/pages/default.aspx) which I used to batch convert all the images to DDS format.

UPDATE: I've added thumbnail sheets of each class to my MediaFire account. Use the link below to view/download.

View thumbnails

download1
Sub_Images.rar
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 04:19:13 PM by fred8615 »
Frederick J. Barnett
"Someone's got to take the responsibility if the job's going to get done!! Do you think that's easy?!" Gregory Peck - The Guns Of Navarone

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
Re: [REL] Sub Images
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 09:07:51 PM »
 picworth
I have waited for a post to use this smiley  ;D

Maybe show 1-3 examples of what to expect.  sm09

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 10:06:12 PM »
picworth
I have waited for a post to use this smiley  ;D

Maybe show 1-3 examples of what to expect.  sm09
How's dat?
Frederick J. Barnett
"Someone's got to take the responsibility if the job's going to get done!! Do you think that's easy?!" Gregory Peck - The Guns Of Navarone

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 11:33:05 PM »
How's dat?

Where's your sence of humour?
I was just teasing you with that smiley.  sm09
But a sample image of a graphic mod is always good.  yes1

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 11:56:29 PM »
Where's your sence of humour?
I was just teasing you with that smiley.  sm09
But a sample image of a graphic mod is always good.  yes1
I actually thought about it, and already had the pic uploaded for another post elsewhere. I just didn't do it for this.
Frederick J. Barnett