Author Topic: Hello Silenthunter Modders!  (Read 1818 times)

Offline AYBABTU

• Landratte
Hello Silenthunter Modders!
« on: October 18, 2014, 01:14:26 PM »
Okay, I understand now.
I haven't used this forum for some time as I haven't had the need to re-install SH3, SH4 and SH5 on my machine. I have archive backups of almost all of Fred8615 's work but not all and not his newer releases.
I have recently upgraded my machine, which is 8 years old in February 2015, to Windows 8.1 64 bit, which I should have done years ago but got sidetracked by the Win XP $39 upgrade to Win 8. I should have passed on that "bargain" and gone directly to the OEM 64 bit Windows 8 version when it first came out.
I was settled into the Windows XP for so long it was hard to give it up, as you know it became bloated with security updates and what not and basically, well, the only thing I use it for now is in a dual boot mode so I can still play Dangerous Waters!, and some other legacy Windows XP games and programs that don't play nicely with Win 8.1 64 bit.

So, I have been playing subsim games since the mid 1980's starting with Up Periscope! on my Commodore 64. I've played Aces of the Deep, SH2, SH3, SH4, SH5 and all of the Sonalysts games up to Dangerous Waters. Which is, IMHO, still one of the best tactical/strategic modern naval warfare simulators out. I have heard that Sonalysts may be working on an updated and modern version of Fleet Command, a rumor which I sure hope is true.

My current machine is a 2007 Alienware (pre-Dell), ALX with an Intel Core 2 (quad core) processor. I have 8GB of RAM, a Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality sound card as the onboard sound on the motherboard sucks! I have had to replace the motherboard once with a direct replacement that I got from Hong Kong for like $75!
I'm running in RAID 0 with storage drives and outboard storage exceeding 6TB.
I've upgraded my Video card to a GEForce GTX780. All in all, the machine can still handle almost any modern game with all the bells and whistles!
Having it set up in dual boot mode with Windows XP is the only way I could get Dangerous Waters to play.

I've been a fan of Fred8615 for quite some time and I recall having a private email conversation with him in which we exchanged some sound files.

I originally signed up on this forum as Front Runner but I've forgotten my password. The password retrieval system has not worked out for me as no email with reset instructions ever appear in my email inbox or in any of the spam or quarantine folders. I've checked every where but cannot seem to find the reset email.

I've re-registered using an alternate email and log in username which is AYBABTU (All Your Base Are Belong To Us), a gaming name that I use on several gaming forums and websites.

I am looking forward into being accepted into this community and given access to the work of many fantastic subsim modders!

Oh, I should mention that the Mediafire links in some of Fred's posts are dreadfully slow and some never connect to the download but I'll address those issues after I get full access to this site.

I am a real Captain, I have a USCG Merchant Marine 6 pak license and teach sailing on the water to young and old as well as book charters for day sails, overnights and sunset sails.

Capt. Sara
Front Runner
AYBABTU
 :)

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
Re: Hello Silenthunter Modders!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 08:15:58 PM »
Sorry, you should have been accepted earlier. Better late than never...  urWelcome

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.