Author Topic: [REL] Captain's Desk Photos Mods  (Read 23235 times)

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
[REL] Captain's Desk Photos Mods
« on: September 03, 2009, 06:26:19 PM »
These are sets of images to replace the sailor photo on the desk in the office. Images have been resized, then either cropped, or had padding added top and bottom or on the sides to meet the SH4 size requirement, then converted to the required TGA format. These files ONLY work with the American Career when using the U-boat Add-on. The German office uses a different directory and image size.

These files are set up to be used with my SH4 Randomizer, or Digital Trucker's A Girl In Every Port program, which is also available for download below.

Files which say "some slight nudity" means either naked backsides, or nudity with the "naughty bits" not visible. Usually both types are in a given set.

Except for the modern era girls, images are from WWII era actresses or artists. I've tried to not include images that are blatantly so, however some images are post-war.

All files include a readme.txt, which includes more information and instructions on using the images without AGIEP. They also include a thumbnail image file which you can also view by clicking the following link:

View Thumbnails

NOTE: The thumbnails are on my MediaFire account. For the larger images, you will have to download them to see them properly.

Files marked with a * are not available here due to space limitations. They can be downloaded here:

From MediaFire:
http://www.mediafire.com/?bzq2qeg3p4356

Subsim.com SH4 Downloads section under the Pinups section of Graphics Mods.

Files marked with a ** are only available on MediaFIre.

A Girl In Every Port

Captain's Desk Photos 1

32 black & white pictures (no nudes) of modern day model and self-proclaimed "Most downloaded woman on the Internet," Danni Ashe. Images were originally in color, but for a bit of "realism" I dropped them down to grayscale.

Captain's Desk Photos 2

32 black & white pictures (no nudes) of modern day model & late night premium cable actress Shannan Leigh. Images were originally in color, but for a bit of "realism" I dropped them down to grayscale.

Captain's Desk Photos 3

50 black & white pictures (no nudes) of modern day burlesque star and model Dita Von Teese. Her look is based on 1940s style, so she's a natural for this. Images were originally in color, but for a bit of "realism" I dropped them down to grayscale.

Captain's Desk Photos 4

117 color art pin-up pictures (some slight nudity) by artist George Petty. Chosen primarily because he was born in my home state of Louisiana.

Captain's Desk Photos 5

292 color art pin-up pictures (some slight nudity) by artist Alberto Vargas.

Captain's Desk Photos 6

51 color and black and white pictures of actress Dorothy Lamour. Born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana.

Captain's Desk Photos 7

108 color and black and white pictures of actress Hedy Lamarr.

Captain's Desk Photos 8

88 color and black and white pictures of actress and pin-up queen Betty Grable.

Captain's Desk Photos 9

420 color art pin-up pictures (some slight nudity) by artist Gil Elvgren.

Captain's Desk Photos 10

113 color art pin-up pictures by artist Peter Driben.

Captain's Desk Photos 11

51 color and black and white pictures of actress Lauren Bacall. This is a bit of a fudge, as her movie career didn't start until 1944 (though she did do some modeling before then). But I just couldn't pass her up.

Captain's Desk Photos 12

95 color and black and white pictures of actress Veronica Lake. Famous for her film noir roles, and her Peek-A-Boo hairstyle.

Captain's Desk Photos 13

47 color art pin-up pictures by artist Edward D'Ancona.

Captain's Desk Photos 14

481 color and black and white pictures of actress Rita Hayworth. A favorite pin-up girl of WWII.

Captain's Desk Photos 15

30 color art pin-up pictures by artist Pearl Frush, one of the few female pin up artists, and considered one of the best. She was raised in Mississippi and took her first art instruction classes in New Orleans.

Captain's Desk Photos 16

128 color and black and white pictures of actress Lana Turner, one of the three pin-up favorites (Betty Grable and Rita Hayworth being the other two) of G.I.s in WWII.

Captain's Desk Photos 17

109 color art pictures (some slight nudity) by artist Zoe Mozert. One of the few, and most popular, of the female pin-up artists of the time. She often used herself as a model.

Captain's Desk Photos 18

126 color and black and white pictures of actress Marlene Dietrich. Besides being an accomplished actress, she could play the saw!

Captain's Desk Photos 19

108 color art pin-up pictures (some slight nudity) by artist Earl Moran. Not only known for his pin-up work, he was also one the first people to use a young lady by the name of Norma Jeane Baker as a model.

Captain's Desk Photos 20

66 color and black and white pictures of actress Ann Sheridan.

Captain's Desk Photos 21

154 color art pin-up pictures (some slight nudity) by artist Rolf Armstrong. Most of his work was done in the 1920s and '30s, though he did continue working into the '50s.

Captain's Desk Photos 22

146 color and black and white pictures of actress Gene Tierney. Besides being a great beauty, the plot of the Agatha Christie novel "The Mirror Crack'd" was based on an incident in her real life.

Captain's Desk Photos 23

28 color art pin-up pictures by artist Art Frahm.

Captain's Desk Photos 24

128 color and black and white pictures of actress and dancer Ginger Rogers. As these pictures show, she was a lot more than just Fred Astaire's most famous partner.

Captain's Desk Photos 25

81 color art pictures (some slight nudity) by artist Billy DeVorss. He was an entirely self-taught artist.

Captain's Desk Photos 26

698 color and black and white pictures (some slight nudity) of 1950s pin-up queen Bettie Page. Although her career didn't start until well after WWII, she's still considered by many to be the greatest pin-up girl ever. This set is a tribute to her, in honor of her passing on December 11th, 2008.

Captain's Desk Photos 27

43 color art pictures by artist Al Buell. An almost entirely self-taught artist, his pin-up career lasted from the mid 1930's to the mid 1960's.

Captain's Desk Photos 28

95 color and black and white pictures of model, actress, comedian, and TV executive Lucille Ball. Before "I Love Lucy," she was, as you can see here, a major hottie back in the day.

Captain's Desk Photos 29

10 color art pictures by British born but American working artist Arnold Armitage.

Captain's Desk Photos 30

146 color and black and white pictures of actress and director Ida Lupino. Not only one of the few female movie and TV directors in Hollywood, at one time she was the *only* one.

Captain's Desk Photos 31

122 color art pictures (some slight nudity) by artist Earl Mac Pherson.

Captain's Desk Photos 32

171 color and black and white pictures of actress Linda Darnell.

Captain's Desk Photos 33

57 color art pictures (some slight nudity) by artist Jules Erbit.

Captain's Desk Photos 34

219 color and black and white pictures of actress Joan Blondell. Her career spanned from 1930 all the way to her death in 1979.

Captain's Desk Photos 35

39 color art pictures (some slight nudity) by artist K. O. Munson. Born in Norway, he emigrated to the U. S. as a teenager and began his art career in his twenties.

Captain's Desk Photos 36

387 black and white, color, and some color art pictures of actress Myrna Loy. Her movie career began near the end of the silent era. Even before U.S. entry in the war she was so outspoken against Hitler that he had her movies banned in Germany. After Pearl Harbor, she all but abandoned her film career to work towards the war effort.

Captain's Desk Photos 37

163 color art pictures (some slight nudity) by artist Enoch Bolles. A very prolific artist who mainly did magazine covers in the '20's, '30's, and into the early '40's, when his pinup career ended due to a psychological breakdown.

Captain's Desk Photos 38

258 black and white and color pictures (some slight nudity) of actress Carole Lombard. Her career started in silents films in the 1920's. She made the transition to talkies, mostly in comedic roles. Killed in a plane crash on January 16, 1942, after attending a war bond rally, a Liberty ship was named after her in 1944.

Captain's Desk Photos 39

29 color art pictures (some slight nudity) by artist Merlin Enabnit. Though born and working in the U.S.A., his work was most popular with British soldiers.

Captain's Desk Photos 40

60 black and white and color pictures of actress Anne Gwynne. Considered one of the first Hollywood "scream queens" for her work in horror films, she was also one of the most popular pinup girls of WWII, being ranked in the top 5 by Yank magazine readers 3 separate years.

Captain's Desk Photos 41

80 black and white and color art pictures (some slight nudity) by various artists of 1950s pin-up queen Bettie Page. Since her photograph set is by far the most popular set I've done, I thought y'all might like some art based on or inspired by her photos.

Captain's Desk Photos 42

267 black and white and color pictures of actress Jeanne Crain. Although her movie career didn't begin until 1943, she was a popular pinup during the last two years of the war.

Captain's Desk Photos 43

36 black and white and color art pictures by artist Vaughn Bass.

Captain's Desk Photos 44*

273 black and white and color pictures of actress Yvonne De Carlo from before she was Lily Munster.

Captain's Desk Photos 45**

281 black and white and color pictures of actress and swimming star Esther Williams. Though she only made a few movies during the war years, she was a popular pinup.

Captain's Desk Photos 46*

21 color art pictures by 1920s and '30s pinup artist R. Wilson Hammell.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 05:26:43 AM by fred8615 »
Frederick J. Barnett
"Someone's got to take the responsibility if the job's going to get done!! Do you think that's easy?!" Gregory Peck - The Guns Of Navarone

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
Re: [REL] Captain's Desk Photos Mods
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 05:46:54 PM »
The thumbnails are now available for viewing before you download the file. My ISP gives me 100MB of space for my personal web site, and since I haven't even used a tenth of it I decided to put the thumbnails there instead of using one of those image hosting sites. So now you can see what you'll be getting without having to download the file first.
Frederick J. Barnett
"Someone's got to take the responsibility if the job's going to get done!! Do you think that's easy?!" Gregory Peck - The Guns Of Navarone

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 08:28:18 PM »
Added CDP 34.
Frederick J. Barnett

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 09:59:04 PM »
The thumbnails are now available for viewing before you download the file. My ISP gives me 100MB of space for my personal web site, and since I haven't even used a tenth of it I decided to put the thumbnails there instead of using one of those image hosting sites. So now you can see what you'll be getting without having to download the file first.

you could also create a subfolder in your ftp folder named images and put them there.
but now you use your ISP and it works, then no need to change it...

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 03:11:29 PM »
you could also create a subfolder in your ftp folder named images and put them there.
but now you use your ISP and it works, then no need to change it...
I'll keep that in mind if for some reason I have to move them from my ISP.
Frederick J. Barnett

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 08:12:22 PM »
Added CDP 35. See the first post for details.
Frederick J. Barnett

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 06:30:10 PM »
Added CDP 36. See the first post for details.
Frederick J. Barnett

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 04:35:13 PM »
Added CDP 37. See the first post for details.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 08:46:27 PM by fred8615 »
Frederick J. Barnett

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 08:46:49 PM »
Added CDP 38. See the first post for details.
Frederick J. Barnett

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 10:37:06 PM »
Added CDP 39. See the first post for details.
Frederick J. Barnett

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 06:10:27 PM »
Added CDP 40. See the first post for details.
Frederick J. Barnett

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 06:18:54 PM »
Captain's Desk Photos 39 - View CDP39 Thumbnails

29 color art pictures (some slight nudity) by artist Merlin Enabnit. Though born and working in the U.S.A., his work was most popular with British soldiers.

I'm looking at some of these images and wondering, if anyone knowing Photoshop well enough to have an idea how to edit real photos to look like these drawn images?
I have spoken with a model to shoot some photos of her one day, and try to convert the photos so that the photos appear as if they were drawn.
Anyone having experience with the tools in Photoshop to do something like that?

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 06:40:44 PM »
I don't have Photoshop, but I have played around with something like that in Paint Sho Pro. It has effect filters to make images look like several different types of artwork.
Frederick J. Barnett

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 07:40:10 PM »
I don't have Photoshop, but I have played around with something like that in Paint Sho Pro. It has effect filters to make images look like several different types of artwork.

Which version of PSP do you have? I have an older version 7.04, from when Jasc was the developper and publisher. Now it's Corel IIRC. Maybe my version does have the some of the same filters...

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 07:53:36 PM »
Have you tried Photobie Design Studio
its a free package just look for it on-line
it might do what you want  I have a copy I can up-load if you wish