Author Topic: [REL] Real Environment v1  (Read 23506 times)

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
[REL] Real Environment v1
« on: June 03, 2009, 07:56:34 PM »

Offered as alternative download

Real Environment mod
download1

ROW sound mod vers 9
download1

quoting the readme
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Real Environment mod v1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Kriller2 and W_clear

Installation:

1. Install "#1 Real Envrionment mod install" with JSGME

2a (optional) install the ROW sound mod vers 9
This mod works very good with the new sounds for the submarine splash and roll pitch mod" beneath.

ONLY INSTALL THE PART 2 BENEATH IF YOU ARE NOT RUNNING RFB or TM!! ( Ducimus and the RFB team is working on a version for those mods)

2b. Install the mod "#2 Submarine splash and roll pitch mod with new sound for stock sh4" this mod makes the submarine behave alot more realisticly and adds new sounds to the environment around the submarine including a new sound for when the submarine hits the waves.

ONLY INSTALL THE PART 3 BENEATH IF YOU ARE NOT RUNNING RFB or TM!! ( Ducimus and the RFB team is working on a version for those mods)

3. Install Carotios new camera "#3 Carotio camera fixes bugs for the uboats hydrophone for stock sh4" to get the same view as the ROW camera.

4. If you want better textures for the Japanese warships install "#4 warships retextured"

5. (optional) If you want a new loading screen "#5 optional loading_sreen" in JSGME, you can see the loading screen in this folder "intro_screen.jpg"

Play Sh4 :) and enjoy the new scenery which has taken me and W_clear alot of discussions and work to complete!

Copyrights
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------¨

The contents of this mod may NOT be used without written permission from me, we have used huge
amounts of time on this mod!

Respect our work and don't use ANY part of this mod without contacting kriller2tester@gmail.com
I will personaly send your request further on to the modder responsible for the part of RE you would
like to include in your mod.

Disclaimer

The Real environment team are in no way responsible for any accident happening to you or your computer / graphics card while
using this mod. Using this mod is at your own risk so don't contact me if any of these things happen.

Credits

Kriller2 and W_clear all textures and environment work, new scene.dat, env.dat, seafoam, cloudtextures, shaders etc.
Nisgeis for his excelent water shader work from PE4 which we have modified to look even more realistic
Carotio for his advice and work on the camera file to make it work without bugs with SH 1.5
Demonizer for his original work on the bow wave which I have made new textures for.
Dave / LeoVampire for his original work on ROW which have pointed us in the right direction on how to improve on the environments.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 03:54:14 AM by Carotio »

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
Re: [REL] Real Environment v1
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 12:10:20 PM »
I like this version better good work  thup1

Offline Ruhisu

• Matrose
    • MasakiSCreens
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 05:13:56 PM »
How can I enable such beautiful sun effects?

I saw beautiful sun glow on other screens and movies but my sun look like this

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 08:28:38 PM »
How can I enable such beautiful sun effects?

I saw beautiful sun glow on other screens and movies but my sun look like this

Most mods are enabled through JSGME, a small handy program  sm09
There's a link for it somewhere in SHMF...

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline Ruhisu

• Matrose
    • MasakiSCreens
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 09:26:21 PM »
I've got the mod enabler.
Will the sun work properly while the mod is enabled by this program?
Should I connect it with some other mods like for example Trigger Maru?

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 10:06:28 PM »
Nvidia GeForce graphic cards are known to swallow the suns hallo.
to fix this you could try turning up the setting of the card 

Offline Ruhisu

• Matrose
    • MasakiSCreens
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 03:38:10 PM »
Indeed I've read it on the subsim and I have got a dilemma now.

1. Eye candy sun effects - sharp textures, no AA
2. AA, smooth textures - no sun effects.

It is a bother for me since I need quality for screenshots, if I won't stand it anymore, I'll just going have to get use to this "sun"
Thanks anyway ;)