Author Topic: [WIP] German Localization of some MODs (1.5 only)  (Read 7894 times)

Offline Gobbo

• Matrose
[WIP] German Localization of some MODs (1.5 only)
« on: September 18, 2011, 08:59:01 AM »
Ahoi Männer,

piratey

Well, after playing several hours with some really nice modifications (such as FOTRS, TMO and OpMonsun) I got angry because of some strange behaviour of the set ingame-language. Installing game + AddOn in German was without any errors but after using OpMonsun or FOTRS (which is localized completely in german on 1.4) the whole game was in english. To be honest, I am able to read and understand it, but sometimes it kicks me off the almost perfect illusion this game causes, to be a real german submarine commander (I talk about the German Campain / OpM).  lam1

Ok, long story short: I was looking for an existing localized .tsr file on the whole fucking web (well, most I am able to reach without getting hunted by black sunglasses wearing ppl. ;D )

... didn´t find anything ...

THAT, my friends, was the reason for me to spend some time to get rid of this annoying language mix (audio is still GE).

to give you a fast overview of what exactly I do:

• Using original MOD-RELATED .tsr files and translate them into german language (also trying to save the sometimes used humoristic phrases through translation)
  • I DON´T CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE !!! So it will stay absolutely compatible with the related mod

So, yesterday evening I started the first file and will try to get throug the OM/OMEGU till the next weekend

... back to work  chatten

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
Re: [WIP] German Localization of some MODs (1.5 only)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 12:56:39 PM »
Good luck with this I always prefer German language in game   clap1

Offline Josef von Posorschitz

• Landratte
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 10:31:24 AM »
Hallo Kapitän!

Bin wirklich begeistert! Freue mich sehr, dass ich endlich alle Texte in OM+OMEGU in deutsch habe! Vor allem Funkverkehr von BdU in englisch stört mich sehr...
U-552 Ich bin der Wolf der Meere!

Offline Gobbo

• Matrose
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 05:16:35 PM »
Hi Champs,

...Vor allem Funkverkehr von BdU in englisch stört mich sehr...

Hell yeah, funny thing occured here too... was sending a contact message because i´ve had a really fat convoi in front of me, and (remember ... everything is in english now) got a german (!) message back. Atm. I´m a bit distracted and also confused because of the sic way, ubisoft did the programming and texting  kaffee

Hope to get back to you guys with good news soon,
Gobbo

Offline Josef von Posorschitz

• Landratte
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 06:37:03 PM »
Any news please gobbo? dangeek
U-552 Ich bin der Wolf der Meere!

Offline Gobbo

• Matrose
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 11:06:03 PM »
 compsmash computerbad

ARGL !!! ... Why tha hell have noone told me that the Dev´s of SH4 where drunk, stoned and tired as they programmed the game???
The trees are horrible! If I would work like they did, I would be fired within hours....

ok... cooling down...

I was sure, they use a simple localization file to translate every part of the game into the language they need (like programs today should do - also because of the simple update-ability) but no, they don´t! They have some pieces here, some there and others in a absolutely different file. To get this MOD completely into german, I have to change a lot of files. So, this will take much longer than expected.

I was also wondering, what happened with the "active" special abilitiy stuff? Does anyone know how to (re-)implement them into the game/MOD?
So I did with the Crew section, especially the save-files ... every single crewman of your active career boat has his own stats saved with all info the game need.. but what is with the spot "notes=" ??? Is it/ was it possible to write notes ingame for the crewmembers?
Why doesn´t the game shows the current stat of damaged equiptment or hurt crewman, as also followed in safe files (minor/major malfunction, etc. // broken arm/leg) ?????
It looks like they released only half of the game working  mtzi

Please, old ass mod workers, veterans of dds and cfg, silent hunter breathing ppl, help me out with some stuff, so I have the base for further changes to get this to an end!

Greets,

Gobbo

Offline BlackbirdSR171

• Matrose
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 11:51:53 AM »
Moin, schon die Menu.txt im menü ordner entdeckt, da wird das Game schon zum Grossteil wieder deutsch.
Ich steh vor nem ähnlichen Problem mit der Übersetzung von RFB 2.0. Bis auf ein paar Kleinigkeiten hab ich alles auf deutsch.

MfG
Blackbird
Ich kam nach Scapa Flow und dachte mir: "Hier komm ich nicht mehr raus."
Ich traf auf die HMS HOOD und nem Flugzeugträger der Briten. Meine Aale hatten sich so sehr gefreut das die eine Bombenstimmung bei den Schiffen verursachten.
Der bald auftauchenden Patroullie konnte ich geschickt umgehen und war aus Scapa Flow wieder raus bevor die Tommys das Netz zuende ausgelegt hatten. Fazit der Geschichte: Engländer hassen den Blitzkrieg ;D