Author Topic: Seeking Help Controling Boat Underway  (Read 2943 times)

Offline Admiral Von Gerlach

• Matrosengefreiter
Seeking Help Controling Boat Underway
« on: December 04, 2011, 04:41:04 AM »
I have slowly started working with SH V and just completed my first cruise, and safely made it back to the Bunker, no easy feat as I had not known only the left hand bunker was possible to enter, lost quite a bit of paint off my bows and there will be dockwork to be done .... i would like to know advice on mods that return some of the controls to the UI that allow us to steer by the compass which i am most used to from my own time at sea, i think with the compass, and missed having it on screen for commands or action sadly. I understand there are some UI restoration mods but the installation seemed very complex when i looked first. can any kind shipmate help me with this challenge? i am certain i can get the skills to command my boat in this new sim version once i can steer as a seaman would.....  and i am sure the crew would welcome not being battered about by their Kapitain as well. I am familar with the JIGSME and usual mod proceedures...and have a good set of the best mods on board already....just need help with the control situation.

I was a bit scared when none of the crew woudl come on the bridge with me during the tutorial cruise but I learned that is part of the coding and not because they were so scared of my lack of skills.

I also found that the anchor icon takes us smoothly into the bunker so i wont have to bang about coming dockside in the future :)

Danke for any helps!

Offline Atilla

• Matrose
Re: Seeking Help Controling Boat Underway
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 10:07:21 AM »
Hi Admiral Von Gerlach

Just in case you're still struggling with rudder control.

For a good intuitive and easy to use rudder control, install TDW's New UI.

Then you can left-click your mouse on the heading indicator in the bottom panel. It will pop up a compass that can be toggled between compass heading and rudder control - by left clicking on the tab beneath it.

Cheers and happy hunting.

Offline Admiral Von Gerlach

• Matrosengefreiter
Re: Seeking Help Controling Boat Underway
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 09:10:57 PM »
Thank you i just installed that mod and it looks very promising thanks very much for that encouragement. I was having a hard time controlling the boat before, and lost a lot of paint getting into the bunker. I am now half way down the Kiel canal and feeling much happier at the helm. Thanks again.  thup1