Author Topic: BtS Mods gone?  (Read 4230 times)

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
BtS Mods gone?
« on: November 15, 2010, 02:51:24 PM »
It appears BtS Mods is gone. I'm getting an "Account suspended" message when I go there.

If it is indeed gone, and stays gone, I think I'm going to try uploading my stuff on Mediafire. I'll have to redo the compression on everything because their limit on free accounts is 200 MB file sizes, but I know they won't be concerned about the music, and I don't like having them in just one place, plus I don't want Carotio to have to bear the whole burden, lest he suffer the same fate.  drwn

« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 02:54:32 PM by fred8615 »
Frederick J. Barnett
"Someone's got to take the responsibility if the job's going to get done!! Do you think that's easy?!" Gregory Peck - The Guns Of Navarone

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
Re: BtS Mods gone?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 04:56:36 PM »
Oh has it I didn’t really notice (Fingers Crossed)   winky1

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=157606&page=3

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 06:31:54 PM »
Well, the owner of BtS couldn't pay for the bills for his site and apparently did not receive enough donations to pay the monthly, quartely, half-year bills or whatever. I don't really know and don't really care.  afuck

SHMF on the other hand is prepaid till january 2012. Donations do come in from time to time, not regurlarly as on subsim, but there are allready some money in the bank reserved for SHMF. So having mods here in SHMF is safe. I created SHMF to have the best, popular and most stable mods here as first priority. Secondly, it can be expanded with more mods. That depends on both the future of the Silent Hunter serie, on the creativity and productivity of SH modders and on the generosity of the community to ackknowledge the effort of keeping this site online.
As I have stated numerous times in the donations subforum: I as owner will pay the 51% myself, but I expect others to help out whenever they can with whatever they can spare to support and maybe also expand SHMF.

Besides SHMF is an open forum for the large part, and though it isn't really used as such, it is also open for several world-wide used languages, and it is also okay with a more free language compared to other forums.

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline aanker

• Matrosengefreiter
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 07:00:09 PM »
All the more reason to make a donation here, IMO.

Happy Hunting!

Art

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 12:30:36 AM »
All the more reason to make a donation here, IMO.

Happy Hunting!

Art

That would be nice. It would also be nice with some more postings. Patrol reports, ingame screenshots - unedited or edited or just random chit chat in the OT section. That's what makes a forum a good forum.

Merry Christmas and happy hunting.  subdive

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2010, 05:50:57 AM »
thank you for your post aanker hope you enjoy looking around this site and have a good Christmas  santadoze