Author Topic: WAC4.1 Super Mod  (Read 4161 times)

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
WAC4.1 Super Mod
« on: October 16, 2009, 02:24:23 PM »
Game running report/suggestions

System information

Window Vista 32bit operating system
Intel dual core processor 6400 @ 2.13GHz / 2.13GHz
2x2Gb Ram cards
XFX 512Mb GDDR3 Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT Graphics card.

The game didn’t run at all when I first loaded WAC4.1 it would CTD on loading.
I then installed the fix by Krabb as specified in the how to thread and the game ran ok but still not 100% and trying to Mod it seemed impossible as it would ether not show the changes or just crash out.
There was present some little defects of actions in the game but this was put right by Rafael excellent mod fixes that cured all the problems found these mods are a must have to play the game to its full potential
But still there seemed to be something not quite right.
Ok this I have found that if you add more than 1 mod via JSGME to WAC4.1 strange things happen I do not understand why Its just like that.
So I have combined all my mods including the fixes into 1 mod.
Then game run good. But after recent misunderstandings that I still don’t understand I stopped working on WAC4.1

At this point my system was running at.
60% ram usage
75% processor 1 usage
15% processor 2 usage

When I decided to re-install the WAC4.1 mod back onto my system to try again
First in un-installed SH3 and re-installed it to make sure I had a clean copy to start with. I added WAC4.1 using JSGME and the file mix mod also but this time when I used the fix instead of using the values

Extra steps for Vista 32 (not needed for 64):
5. Open an Elevated Command Prompt with Administrator Privileges (see below, if you don't know how).
6. Type "bcdedit /set increaseuserva 2900" (no quotes). You can try values in range 2900-3030.
7. Reboot.

I set the Value to 3100 and started the game this seems to have done the trick the game ran faster and smoother than before and as I left port and started to head to my first patrol point I started to receive radio reports on a next patrol on completion of my first and also updates of the war breaking out against Poland I never had this the last time I played the mod.
So something I have done has help WAC4.1 to run as it should in my Vista System.

System ran at.
60% Ram usage
70% processor 1 usage
25% processor 2 usage so it looks like this processor was also doing something ??.

It’s a great mod to be sure well worth the work of trying to get it to run as it should
Thanks to the WAC team for sharing this with us.  clap1