Author Topic: I have just paid the bill, but...  (Read 3576 times)

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
I have just paid the bill, but...
« on: January 05, 2012, 11:49:15 PM »
I'm still going to let that annoying sign stay up there, till more members help out.

3 more years untill January 2015 are paid for, so there's no reason not to help anymore.
In other words: you help, the mods are secured, more mods could be added, and everybody is happy.

It's a win-win situation for both modmakers and players.  yes1

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
Re: I have just paid the bill, but...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 08:07:46 PM »
And today, I paid for the domain name. The renewal date for the server and the domain are not on the same date. There's about one month or so inbetween.
While renewing, I removed the option to donate in British £ (Sorry Steve)
I could use PayPal to pay for the domain renewal, but not for the server renewal...  banghead

So I paid the domain with PayPal setting the currency to £, so I could spend the £ in my account. Then closing that currency.
Back in January, I had to pay for the server renewal with my credit card, then afterwards asking PayPal to transfer the donated money to my bank account.
It would have been better to let PayPal pay for the most and then let PayPal deduct the remaining money from my credit card, like I prefer it to be.
But now both bills have been paid, and for now only $ and € are allowed as alternative currencies to DKK. There's still some $ left in the account.
The whole sum of all currencies are not calculated before deducting any amount from the credit card. That's why, I closed the £.
I rarely buy anything from the net and paying with £ and with PayPal. This was one of the only times in years.
I haven't paid for anything in $ for years either. Most of my foreign internet shopping is mostly in €, if in foreign currency at all.
So for now, only DKK, $ and €.

And oh, yeah, I hope you have noticed that I took off the annoying donation image...  sm09

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
Re: I have just paid the bill, but...
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 09:00:40 PM »
I sure did  thup1