Author Topic: Trevally's help desk  (Read 5319 times)

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
Trevally's help desk
« on: August 18, 2011, 01:48:31 PM »
Trevally's help desk

Please use this Thread to post any questions you may have about Open Horizons II
and hopefully Trevally. will answer them

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
Re: Trevally's help desk
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 03:14:30 PM »

[Thanks for keeping this up to date SeaWolf]

no problem glad to help but its in your hands now  clap1

[With the help of TDW, I am looking over all files in OH II
He has made an app to help stop file errors.
When I am sure we have fixed them all - I hope to add a final release.
Until then I wont add any more patches etc unless the are critical]

Great hope to see the new files up soon  thup1
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 03:16:35 PM by SeaWolf U-57 »

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 03:08:04 PM »
New Versions uploaded  thup1

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 10:55:12 AM »
I'm just wondering will OHII v2 have very similar patrols instructions to SH3 (I do so hope so)
just go to an area and patrol for a amount of time then go sink what and where you want
or even go to an area and sink every thing and then return to port when you need to refuel
ether way its got to be better then what we have now  clap1
I myself will even start playing it again if so  j12

Offline Trevally.

• Matrosenhauptgefreiter
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 02:47:52 PM »
It is a long time since I played SH3 so I cant be sure, but the new version will have this structure:-

Campaign Area
Each of the 12 campaigns will be set in an area (theater of war).  These theaters will be large areas like North Atlantic, South Atlantic, US coast, UK coast, Med and even the Indian Ocean.  Within these theaters will be Objective Areas.

Objective Area
This will form the main part of the campaign and is related to the war needs.
The area will be large for the most part and any kills here will count towards the campaign goal.
It will end by date (mostly many months ranging from 2 to 10) or success (enough kills to achieve the campaign goal)
Patrols in these areas will be for the player to choose or can select areas from BtU.  If selected from BtU they will be issued a patrol area within the Objective Area.
The player can do as many patrols in this Objective Area as they like and can return from patrol any time.  Most patrols will end due to player running out of ammo or low in fuel.  If area is a large distance from their base - milkcows may be used to resupply if available.

Patrol Area
If player has requested these from BtU - they will be given an area to patrol within the objective area.
This patrol area will last for one patrol only and may be cut short or extended by radio message from BtU.  These areas will be smaller than the objective areas and may be moved also by radio message from BtU.
BtU will also remind the player that they should always make the final decision on where to patrol to acheive the most kills

So as you can see - there will be a lot of freedom to achieve the war goals as you see fit.  There are no penalties for not going to a patrol area.