Author Topic: Everybody  (Read 4619 times)

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
Everybody
« on: August 08, 2010, 02:37:16 PM »
Don't let it only be the very few who pay to this site. Be among a large group who all contribute a little and it will work too. You can contribute with DKK, but if you prefer, make the donation with US-$. Just help out a little like 5, 10 or 25 $. Whatever you can spare at the moment. If only many would do it, then I would feel fine paying the 50% myself, but when only two generous modders pay whatever they can spare, then it feels like a waste of my time and money. So help and be part of the SHMF family. Who ever donates will be mentioned in the donations threads, so your contribution is remembered.

If you like this site, I'm sure you would hate to see the mods be gone from a fast server and put on one of the many free servers available. Because that's what is going to happen, if the donations don't start to flush in regularly, and that would be a pity. SHMF will stay in any case, but the mods would be removed from the fast server and put on MediaFire or something. I have prepaid out of my own pocket for the fast server plus received a bit of help from two modders, but it's just not enough.

So to speed up things, I have put back up the annoying welcome image, which will stay for a time now, till other people than the allready contributing modders start helping out too.

Thanks for your attention.  oldie1

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
Re: Everybody
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 09:38:07 PM »
Well I see there is no activity here then
But it’s not surprising really is it when you conceder the most popular
Thread on here at the moment is a how to change game files to
Play a game without login in.
Looks like everyone wants something for nothing   compsmash

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 10:39:21 PM »
yeah, the sign is apparently not enough to convince people to help out.
I wonder if I should hide most of the forum for guests and non-donating members for some time except for this donations board, to teach everyone a lesson.  scrtg

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 05:00:53 PM »
Well, for now, I have moved that particular thread out of sight for non-members. Actually, I even considered back then when it was first posted, not to have it as viewable by non-members, so that is settled by now.
I have removed all the welcome and info messages from the news flash and added a donate link plus message as the only message, that way it remains there permanently and reminds everybody of the option to donate. Thus I went back to the usual SHMF logo image.

But still, I do hope people will start to donate just a little bit, whether it is:
5$
10$
15$
20$
25$
or more like 50$
Anything will count in the big picture. The goal is to accumulate money for the current season plus the next. Sofar, we have not even reached 1/4 of the price for the current season.

So come on guys, help out. I, Carotio, pays 51% of the costs out of my own pocket, then all the rest of you should help pay for the remaining 49%. Sofar, I have only received about 24%.
Be a true part of SHMF. If you're not a modder, you can at least help with a bit of cash funding this secure host of mods for our SH games.  2thup

Offline loneWolf

• Landratte
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 10:33:24 PM »
hi guys!

very new to SH3. New to applying mods too. My main aim is to convert my living room (when the wife and kids are out) to a submarine living condition. I intend to use voice commands for added immersion. I have a problem in that the Sonarman doesn't use his voice to report on 'Repeat last report' / Report on nearest contact / Report on nearest warship contact. He reports them only as a script which is not what would happen in a real submarine. I have SH3+patch1.4b+GWX.
I will be more than happy to DONATE 20 Euro if someone can direct me to the best mod which solves my problem.

Thanks in advance. :D

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 10:55:54 PM »
It has been a while since I played SH3 with any version of GWX added.
I normally, if I play SH3 at all, play it with LSH3v5, and I may be wrong, but I do think the sonarman says at least:
Report on nearest contact / Report on nearest warship contact.
At least when playing it with German voices. This is no guarentee of course. I haven't played for some time now.