Author Topic: Translators wanted  (Read 5134 times)

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
Translators wanted
« on: April 22, 2009, 10:48:13 PM »
Hi,

I need some translators to translate the rules into German, French, Spanish and Italian.
Well, I could probably do the French and German myself, but I'm both too lazy and lack some time...

When done, the contests can open for business...  cowbcool

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
Re: Translators wanted
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 07:33:41 PM »
I have just translated the rules to French and German myself. If you are either French and German and you have corrections to my language skills, feel free to make suggestions.

Anyway, I lack the skills to translate to Italian and Spanish myself, so I would still like to see some volonteering work...  yes1

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline nickwkr

• Matrose
    • U-Boat-Flotilla
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 03:40:13 PM »
i know this is an old thread  but  as im new here i thought id answer 

i have uploaded a neat little free translator  it covers  most  languages used in Europe i think  except   Italian  .

but i  cant post  my upload link or file attachment so how can i give it to you  ?????????

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 05:10:24 PM »
It's okay to bump an old thread if you feel you have something to add, no problem.

However, the request for translators are a request for HUMAN translators, not translation programs. Otherwise, I could just settle for Google Translate.  sm09
But thanks anyway.

If you can't post links, it's probably because of another anti-spam feature, which requires a certain amount of posts before links can be posted. You may be able to do it after 5 posts. I can't really remember the setting right now.

Offline nickwkr

• Matrose
    • U-Boat-Flotilla
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 09:01:08 PM »
oh ok  sorry  didnt realize   i was bumping  ...

just  thought  about  that  translator  as Google is pretty inaccurate  as  a  translator  and  that one was  pretty  good as a  freebie  even  Russian is spot on im told  .

okay  sorry once again  for the  bump   not my intentions 

Offline HeinzFiction

• Landratte
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 10:41:40 PM »
Hey Carotio.
Sorry for bumping again, i'm also new here.
I made a few changes to your german translation.
But unfortunately there aren't many people following the screenshot contest.
Nevertheless i can pm you the edited translation if you'd like to.
Just let me know.

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 10:56:29 PM »
Well, we need to get this forum a bit more active before activating a screenshot contest.

At first, members could start post some nice screenshots in this board from time to time. Then thereafter I think there will be basis for a monthly screenshot contest.
All which is needed are dedicated players who think it's nice to make screenshots while playing and who think it's fun to share such screenshots in a contest.
I used to find it amusing in another forum. I just don't have much time to play myself, but that shouldn't stop the rest of you to do it.  sm09