Author Topic: 3 x CD's of U-995  (Read 6253 times)

Offline Marine-Nachrichtendienst

• Bootsmannsmaat
  • "Soldaten sterben nie, sie verblassen nur weg".
    • www.photobucket.com
3 x CD's of U-995
« on: December 21, 2011, 02:20:00 AM »
Today I received the belonged CD's of U-995.

I find the CD's very interesting, and can be most warmly recommended !! Still, I haven't gone thru all the material yet.  msclst

Even though I visited U-995 in 1994, I find the CD's worth owing, cause now I can just go in and out of the U-boat whenever I want, without paying a penny.

Okey.... I know that the delicious smell inside U-995, does not come along with the CD's..... santadoze

The U-995 CD's is really recommended for modders and historians, according to the website.  oldie1

tiphat
U-Boote Heraus!!

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
Re: 3 x CD's of U-995
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 10:29:23 AM »
I have been there inside the u-boat myself, but a virtual tour is fine too, I think.
Does it show the tower, inside and outside too?

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

• Bootsmannsmaat
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 04:42:14 PM »
No, unfortenately there are no photos inside the tower, only from outside.
I was also hoping to see some shots inside the tower, but as u may remember, the entrance to the tower from the inside, is still closed with a grating.  arggggggg

U-Boote Heraus!!

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 05:14:38 PM »
I know it was and is closed to the public, normally. I was one of the lucky few who was granted tower and deck access while being there with the members from subsim and the dev team from Ubisoft.

But still, a commercial virtual tour should include the tower and deck. The producer of that cd should have paid for such access.

So you have to make a tour in SH5 then. It's almost the same...  ;D

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

• Bootsmannsmaat
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 04:57:13 PM »
You can see especially by the video recordings, that it is done amateurish. Several of the shots are also made while other visitors are seen in the background.
Of course the team should have made a private arrangement, and paid some extra, if that's what it takes, to visit the tower inside.
In total there are several things that could have been done different, but that's how it normally always is. Anyway, my opinion is that when one wants to make a 3d tour, one should not allow anything to be absent.  arggggggg
U-Boote Heraus!!

Offline ijnfleetadmiral

• Oberleutnant zur See
  • "I just don't give a f**k!" - Eminem
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 06:35:21 AM »
Why is the conning tower off-limits to the tour? Sucks that it is.

-Matt
"Our orders are simple: go out, find the enemy, sink him, escape to kill again, and return home safely. It does not matter how the enemy travels, in convoy, in pairs, or alone...I will find him and sink him wherever he is. This is the task assigned to me as a U-boat commander." - KL Kurt Hossel (my SH3 persona)

• Bootsmannsmaat
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 01:04:40 PM »
Why is the conning tower off-limits to the tour? Sucks that it is.

-Matt

Hallo, Kaleun Hossel !  tiphat

I dunno, but personally I guess it is closed for either 3 different purposes, or all together:
- The safety of the visitors
- Anyway too darn cramped up there for a guiding
- Some installations / plates they are afraid of loosing as this spot on the U-Boat has the worse overview for a guide below.  o050

That the tower is not avalible for any visitors that stop by, I can surely understand, but for a 3D tour, should have been obvious.  arggggggg

« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 01:06:19 PM by Marine-Nachrichtendienst »
U-Boote Heraus!!

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 03:37:31 PM »
The mecanic who showed us the tower did tell of former thieves stealing parts of the weapons on the tower and deck.

Bastards!  redmad

So that's mainly because it is closed.

The security is another issue. If someone falls down, who is then responsible? It's thus also a matter of insurance.

But for the 3D tour, obviously it should have been included and without other visitors at the same time.

• Bootsmannsmaat
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2011, 09:51:14 PM »
The mecanic who showed us the tower did tell of former thieves stealing parts of the weapons on the tower and deck.

Bastards!  redmad

So that's mainly because it is closed.

The security is another issue. If someone falls down, who is then responsible? It's thus also a matter of insurance.

But for the 3D tour, obviously it should have been included and without other visitors at the same time.

Yes, as assumed. Someone just can't keep their ****** hands off others properties.

Regarding the 3D tour: Yes I totally agree !  thup
U-Boote Heraus!!

Offline ijnfleetadmiral

• Oberleutnant zur See
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 12:35:03 AM »
I remember visiting the submarine U.S.S. Cavalla in Galveston, TX way back when. Her conning tower was open. Anyone know if U-505's tower is?

-Matt
"Our orders are simple: go out, find the enemy, sink him, escape to kill again, and return home safely. It does not matter how the enemy travels, in convoy, in pairs, or alone...I will find him and sink him wherever he is. This is the task assigned to me as a U-boat commander." - KL Kurt Hossel (my SH3 persona)

• Bootsmannsmaat
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 03:54:25 PM »
That's a very interesting question. I would like to know myself.  scrtg
U-Boote Heraus!!

Offline ijnfleetadmiral

• Oberleutnant zur See
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 04:09:42 AM »
I remember visiting battleship Texas once...you could duck down and climb the ladder into the forward turret, but there was a plexiglass partition that prevented you from getting inside...all you could do was look around and then climb back down. The view was cool, but the fact that you couldn't climb inside sucked.

-Matt