Author Topic: Problem solved for Gigabyte error code D4 and Asus error code 04.  (Read 13243 times)

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III

Problem solved for Gigabyte error code D4 and Asus error code 04.

Once you have Windows 10 or 8.1 fully installed restart your system and go into the Boot menu and disable the fast boot option.
Also after loading Windows 10 or 8.1 goto the power options and select choose what the power buttons do.
Click the change settings that are currently available/unavailble and then untick the fast start up option.
This should solve the problem

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
Re: Problem solved for Gigabyte error code D4 and Asus error code 04.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 03:10:10 PM »
This problem is nothing to do with drivers. The reason this problem arises is because
When you tell window 8.1 or 10 to shut down it goes into a low power sleep mode and
When you power on it just wakes. This is called fast boot and this is what causes the error codes
On Gigabyte and Asus motherboards (code D4 and 04) .
If you follow the above change of settings it forces Window to really shut down so it has to do a
Full boot up on System start hence no error codes are shown

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 08:30:10 AM »
It seems that on the newer Gigabyte Boards you also have to disable the wake by LAN settings found in the Bios settings
As well or windows will just keep turning back on with the above settings activated.  huh2
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 08:34:12 AM by DragonRider »

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 07:19:42 AM »
Every problem that has been posted in the Subsim forum can be solved in most cases by simply turning that option off.
Even Cortana when you click on the search icon and Cortana starts up it will ask you if you want to use it to search just select no and it won’t ask again.
If you want to use the web browser I.E. then just search for it and when the icon shows just right click on it and select pin to task bar and there you go.
With a few little add-ons my Windows 10 Looks the same as my Windows 7 System although Window 10 handles things a lot smoother and also quite a bit faster.
Windows 10 will run any program that I have installed and working on my Windows 7 machine.
And yes some information is save in my Microsoft account so if I have to re-load Windows 8 or 8.1 or 10 then all my bookmarks in I.E. are saved and will re-appear as will the passwords I also saved in I.E.
This means I don’t have to re-bookmark them.
I myself didn’t like one affect off Windows 10 and after quite a few goes at it I finally manage to turn that problem off for good this also helped with any communication with my machine when it was in sleep mode.
Although I never found that this had happened I read somewhere it was possible.
So nearly all the Scare Mongering can be got rid of with a right click of the mouse.