Author Topic: Office Window  (Read 4468 times)

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
Office Window
« on: May 02, 2013, 06:58:09 PM »
   These are 2 sets of files that replace the view out the window in the Captain's office. I've gotten tired of seeing the same battleship all the time. Plus it makes no sense to see a U. S. battleship outside if you're based in Manila, Australia, or one of the later war bases if you're using RSRDC. So this mod fixes that. It's intended to be used with my SH4 Randomizer program so you can have a new image whenever you want. The sets are:

Landscapes - 105 images of tropical island scenery, mostly, but not limited to palm trees and other vegetation.

Sky - 199 images of just the sky. Mostly different types and formations of clouds, with a few clear blue sky as well.

You can use the included thumbnail files to see which images are in each file, especially if you don't have a DDS viewer.

To install, just extract directly into the "Office Window" folder created by the SH4 Randomizer. Then run the SH4 Randomizer program to have it select a file to use. The program will ask you to choose which set to pick from. To use the files without the randomizer program, you'll need to pick which one you want to use, rename it to "Bgrd.dds" then copy/move to the "Data\Textures\TNormal\tex" folder.

SPECIAL NOTE: This mod is ONLY intended to be used if you have "Texture Quality High" checked in the "Options\Graphic Settings" of the game. If this is not checked, you will not see the new image when playing. I chose to do a high resolution only version because it's what the overwhelming majority of players use, and thus not worth the hassle to try to include two versions. If you are using low resolution you can use my Office Images mod, which includes 8 (3 sky and 5 landscape) high and low resolution images that can be installed with JSGME.

View thumbnails

File is not available here due to space limitations. It can be downloaded here:

From MediaFire:
http://www.mediafire.com/?cy3muhbweci2q

« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 03:32:36 PM by fred8615 »
Frederick J. Barnett
"Someone's got to take the responsibility if the job's going to get done!! Do you think that's easy?!" Gregory Peck - The Guns Of Navarone

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
Re: Office Window
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 03:32:57 PM »
Link was incorrect. It's fixed now.
Frederick J. Barnett
"Someone's got to take the responsibility if the job's going to get done!! Do you think that's easy?!" Gregory Peck - The Guns Of Navarone