Author Topic: Installing win 7  (Read 4011 times)

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
Installing win 7
« on: December 10, 2011, 04:56:34 PM »
What a horrible procedure going through the complete installation of this new guiding system.
My wireless receiving device couldn't access my wireless router, even though it could find it, so I had to go out and find a store, which had cable long enough to pull it though the rooms to connect my desktop in the bed room.
Then my CARD reader cannot be recognized and I cannot get win 7 compatible drivers for it, it seems...  banghead
And almost same story for my sound blaster card. It seems now, I have found one. Hoping it will work.

And then all the remaining software awaits: Office, image software, small programs, and then maybe some games too....

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
Re: Installing win 7
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 08:29:14 PM »
a bit late I know but I hope you remembered to use windows update
once you had installed windows 7 as this should install the drivers you need  thup1
although if you just updated another version that's another story   scrtg

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 10:02:28 PM »
My wireless receiving device couldn't access my wireless router, even though it could find it, so I had to go out and find a store, which had cable long enough to pull it though the rooms to connect my desktop in the bed room.
Having a cable is not bad, just annoying that after I have bought it and reinstalled plus updating through windows update, all of a sudden win7 can find an updated driver for it on the Windows Update page.  redmad
Well, a spare cable ain't bad to have, I guess. The internet speed is also faster that way, so I guess it wasn't totally in vain...

Then my CARD reader cannot be recognized and I cannot get win 7 compatible drivers for it, it seems...  banghead
Same story with windows update. Now the card reader drives are recognized, but not shown in My Computer for some strange reason. But  afuck now that it does read my cards...  j12

And almost same story for my sound blaster card. It seems now, I have found one. Hoping it will work.
It took me a while, but I finally got to that part too and found a win 7 compatible driver for my Extreme Gamer SoundBlaster card. Definitely saving this driver as backup.  yes1

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 12:15:30 AM »
And so I have booted up SH4, and it works fine, it seems. I got my old save files in place, and thus I could see that I hadn't played this game since January 2011... Anyway, I have an unfinished career to finish, so I guess I'll play a bit now, while "The Hunt for Red October" is featured in TV...

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 02:03:17 AM »
Cool I also installed sh4 with the u-boat missions pack to try it out  scrtg
might try the north sea missions mod
anyhow glad to see you are up and running and getting use to using Windows 7  thup1