Author Topic: LivingSilentHunter3 Version 4.0  (Read 49883 times)

Offline rowi58

• Matrosenstabsgefreiter
LivingSilentHunter3 Version 4.0
« on: March 21, 2009, 05:15:55 AM »
Hi folks,

the new version 4.0 is ready for download. First of all - please read the "download and installation instruction" - this is very important for a proper running LSH3-MOD. You can download this:

ENGLISH Version

or for those who can read (and understand) german:

DEUTSCHE Version

Just click on the LINK above, and  save that PDF on your computer.  kaffee

After reading the installation instruction, you can download the following 6 files (download them all in ONE folder!):

LSH3_Version4.7z.001

LSH3_Version4.7z.002

LSH3_Version4.7z.003

LSH3_Version4.7z.004

LSH3_Version4.7z.005

LSH3_Version4.7z.006

After that download, install LSH3 4.0 as it is writen in the installtion instruction. Have fun  leb1

What is "LivingSilentHunter3 Version 4.0"? It is a so called "super-MOD" like GWX or NYGM, combined of more than 250 MODs which were made for SH3. At the moment, there is only a "german" manual (english version will follow). You can download it here:

LSH3-Handuch-V-40-GE.pdf

The main objectiv of LSH3 is playing the career in SH3. Some single mission are integrated too. So start your career and see what happens. In a very, very short summary, here are some main topics of LSH3:
- you can start your career at August, 1st 1939 (only in the flotilla "Erprobungsstelle Kiel");
- after every patrol, you can transfer to another flotilla (if you want);
- you only can get new sub types at the flotilla "Erprobungsstelle Kiel". If you want to chnage from am type II to a Type VII, you first must transfer to the flotilla "Erprobungsstelle Kiel" and make a trial patrol in the baltic sea. After this trial patrol, you can transfer back to your "old" flotilla;
- the availability of new sub types and important equipment will be announced by radio messages - and within a "UpgradeChart" you can find in the upper left corner of the navigation screen;
- from mid 1943, you will have massiv air raids, even in your base/harbours;
- when you are attacking a convoy in the biscay (or in the range of the "Luftwaffe"), you can order "Luftwaffe"-assistance  by retorting contct to that convoy;
- your final mission in April/May 1945 is: escape to Buenos Aires;
- and many more...

LSH3 is totaly based on the 16-km-atmosphere-MOD-V2 by Markimov et.al. That means in Standard LSH3 you can see some 15.000 m, in "ExtendenChallenge" Add-On, vibibility is limited to nearly 10.000 m. A standard 8-km-atmosphere is not supported.

Compatibility. LSH3 is very specific. If you want to add an other  mod, please have a look into appendix H (of the manual). There you will find a list of files which should not be modified/changed by other mods - otherwise you will loose functionality or you will get CTD (crash-to-desktop).

But fortunately, we can offer some mods which are made/adapted specially for LSH3. This list will be in the next post.

Greetings
rowi58
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 03:55:14 AM by Carotio »
[IMG]

Offline almg

• Matrosengefreiter
Re: LivingSilentHunter3 Version 4.0
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 12:02:51 PM »
Very good MOD !!

Offline rowi58

• Matrosenstabsgefreiter
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 11:21:45 AM »
Also thanks to you, almg.

The development of LSH3 Version 4.x will be continiued.

Greetings
rowi58
[IMG]

Offline Grizzzlyblanc

• Landratte
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 09:06:34 PM »
Bonsoir a tous

J'ai installé ce mod qui m'apparait fort bien fait au niveau graphique ,concernant la jouabilité je verrais cela au fil de mes essais + tard .Je suis en plein essai au niveau mission solo et carrière
Bref dans l'ensemble tres beau graphiquement , very nice !

Thanks merci à vous

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 10:46:12 PM »
Bonsoir a tous

J'ai installé ce mod qui m'apparait fort bien fait au niveau graphique ,concernant la jouabilité je verrais cela au fil de mes essais + tard .Je suis en plein essai au niveau mission solo et carrière
Bref dans l'ensemble tres beau graphiquement , very nice !

Thanks merci à vous

Traduction, translation français->English:

Good evening to everybody,
I have installed this mod, which appears to me as very well made concerning graphics, about the gameplay I'll look into that during my tests later on. I'm deeply trying it in both single mission and career.
In short, all in all very beautiful graphical, "very nice" !
"Thanks" to you.

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline rowi58

• Matrosenstabsgefreiter
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 12:06:46 PM »
Hi Grizzzlyblanc.

also thanks   clap1

Hope you'll have fun with it.

Greetings
rowi58
[IMG]

Offline ridgewayranger

• In the dungeon
  • Matrose
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 08:48:13 PM »
Hi,
Just came across LSH4 and am eager to try it, but how to open it? Followed instructions to the letter and end up with 'LSH3_Version4, size is 459332, type of file Winrar,' in my Ubisoft folder, along with SH3. I don't understand this since it starts off as 7z. If I try to open it I get ' Can not open D:\Ubisoft\LSH_4 Version 4.7z as archive'. Obviously something is wrong ,but what? Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Ridgewayranger.

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 02:49:33 AM »
Do you have all parts downloaded?
If yes, do you try to extract the archieve by extracting part 1 with 7zip?

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline rowi58

• Matrosenstabsgefreiter
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 07:57:15 AM »
Hi,
Just came across LSH4 and am eager to try it, but how to open it? Followed instructions to the letter and end up with 'LSH3_Version4, size is 459332, type of file Winrar,' in my Ubisoft folder, along with SH3. I don't understand this since it starts off as 7z. If I try to open it I get ' Can not open D:\Ubisoft\LSH_4 Version 4.7z as archive'. Obviously something is wrong ,but what? Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Ridgewayranger.

Hi mate,

please ckeck the following: all files
- LSH3_Version4.7z.001
   to
- LSH3_Version4.7z.005

must have exactly 148,480 KiloByte.

Only the file
- LSH3_Version4.7z.006

must have a liitle bit less: exactly 118,800 KiloByte.

If one or more of these files don't have that size - then something went wrong during d/l. If that has happend, d/l the file(s) again.

You must have the programm 7z (you can d/l it for free : http://7-zip.org/download.html )
Then right cklick on the first file - LSH3_Version4.7z.001 - select "Open with" and chosse 7z.

Greetings
rowi58

[IMG]

Offline ridgewayranger

• In the dungeon
  • Matrose
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 11:20:09 AM »
Hi again,
Thanks for the replies. Yes, it's a D/L problem, flie 1 9426, file 4 788, file 6 3580. Will keep D/Ling until I get the right size. Should have spotted this myself.
Ridgewayranger

Offline ridgewayranger

• In the dungeon
  • Matrose
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 12:43:23 PM »
Hi rowi58,
            I now have the files as they should be. Looking forward to getting it up and running. I tried several repeat D/Ls before I asked for help, and each time they were different sizes! Maybe because I tried to do them all at once. I have 3 'supermods' on my computer so will be able to compare and let you know what I think.
Regards, Ridgewayranger.

Offline ridgewayranger

• In the dungeon
  • Matrose
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 02:11:02 PM »
Hi rowi58,
LSH up and running, and I like what I have seen so far but why no Swastika cross on the German flags? Altogether a great new mod, for me any way. I admire you guys who have the knowhow and patience to build these things. Thanks again.
Ridgewayranger

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 06:04:21 PM »
but why no Swastika cross on the German flags?

I can tell you why, without being German, but Germany has laws against the use of swastika, and since the mod is mostly developped through German based forums, it would be unwise to include it, though it's historically correct.
But it can be added if you like...

Offline ridgewayranger

• In the dungeon
  • Matrose
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 09:14:53 PM »
Hi There,
Yes I would like to use the German flag. Can I copy files from SH3 and if so ,which ones? Right now I have a more pressing problem. I did the first mission, sunk a couple of target ships in AO83. The next mission again said AO83 but on loading I found myself in the middle of the Gulf of Guinea, a loooong way from AO83! Deleted all saved files and tried to start again, using SH3Commamder of course, with the LSH Mod but can't start because I can't select a Flotilla or boat type. What is wrong?
RR

Offline rowi58

• Matrosenstabsgefreiter
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 08:57:04 AM »
Hi ridgewayranger,

thx that you like this MOD.

the very easy way to see the swastik is:
- go to folder Textures/TNormal/tex
- delete "german.tga"
- delete "germanM.tga"
(these files are delivered by Ubi for the "german version")

When you delete these files, the "original" flags from the Flag.dat will be shown. Thats all.

Greetings
rowi58
[IMG]