Author Topic: What is this about?  (Read 8671 times)

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
What is this about?
« on: June 09, 2011, 12:35:17 PM »
Anyone signing up in this forum is welcome. BUT since some buttheads continously find it amusing to let spam-bots register in different forums, and I'm tired of cleaning up from them all over the forum, then this board will be the only board visible to newly-registered users plus all the 0-post members this forum have. I don't really give a shit about non-contributing members whatsoever anymore. If you don't want to be part of the party, then settle for being a guest.

So I have established an invisible membership group by the name of SHMF member. All members who prove their loyalty to SHMF, the community in total and the Silent Hunter games in general will get access, no problem. And it's relatively easy to find out. If you're honestly interested in any of the SH games, you can easily prove your knowledge by posting on this board. What you post is your decision, but anyone genuinely interested in the SH games reading it will quickly realise whether the newbie is a SH player or just another fucking spam bot.

Hence, newbies and all the old SHMF members who hasn't posted anything at all, will henceforth only see this board, when logging in. Sorry, but you can thank the spam-bots for that.

HOW TO ADVANCE FROM REGULAR MEMBERSHIP TO SHMF MEMBERSHIP?

1) Post ONE INFORMATIVE message on this board, telling who you are and why you like any of the SH games, or what you like about SH3, SH4 and/or SH5

or

2) If you prefer to stay silent, you can ship a substantial donation to SHMF. That will grant you SHMF membership as well. Make sure to use the same e-mail adress as donor as you use for your account here. Otherwise, I'll not be able to find you.

If you don't want to do any of the two choices, well then you can keep the useless regular membership or log out and stay a guest. But of course, guests don't have access to all goodies on the forum.  sm09

UPDATE FOR THE STUPID
You won't get access automatically upon posting. Of course not. Then why have this anti-spam board at all? Then SHMF would have settled for the forum plugins available, but those are easily tricked by the spam-bots. The access is given manually by an admin or moderator. YOU HAVE TO WAIT UNTILL SOMEONE HAS THE TIME TO DO IT. If you spam the inbox with insults and whatever, then you have deserved to be called stupid, because you apparently are too stupid to think for yourself.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 04:36:34 PM by Carotio »

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline Swimmer

• In the dungeon
  • Landratte
RE What's this about
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 12:05:22 AM »
Why don't you start banning people's IP addresses as well while your at it, You get people to register then deny all access to forums ... what an asshole you are !

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
Re: RE What's this about
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 01:27:44 PM »
And there you have it people the main reason the site has been set up in this way
to protect it from nice people like this who only want something and don't give a
dam about all the time someone spent developing it.
And are quite happy to insult anyone who prevents then for getting what they want straight away.  nice

My vote .......  ban-sm

Edit .... My personal mods moved to member only forums Why read above and work it out  mtzi
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 10:01:43 AM by SeaWolf U-57 »

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 01:36:39 AM »
Why don't you start banning people's IP addresses as well while your at it, You get people to register then deny all access to forums ... what an asshole you are !

I guess you didn't spent some time reading this thread:
http://www.silenthuntermods.com/forum/index.php?topic=728.0

Especially the yellow part! It says it all, really.

I have a full-time job, a part time job, and I'm single so I have to manage everything from cooking, cleaning, shopping etc. That means little time for this site, unfortunately. That also means that I really don't have any patience with unthankfull, impatient freeloaders such as yourself who doesn't show a little respect for the work done to have a site like this at all. I don't even play the games anymore because of lack of time, and often, I have wondered, if I should pass on the task to someone else or just close it down. But lots of people still use the site, and that's why I don't do it. Most people also have the patience to wait for either me or SeaWolf passing by granting the access to the full forum.

We don't sit online 24/7 to serve all freeloaders. We have other things to attend to in real life, and calling any of us asshole is just not the way to go. Therefore.....

ACCESS DENIED

And temporary  ban-sm while at it...

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 11:19:05 AM »
Full ban should be applied to this ........... Err nice person  2guns

Offline JimM

• Landratte
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 06:48:38 PM »
Good idea to as much decurity as possible. Never know what some dork might do

Offline Neon

• Landratte
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 07:07:39 AM »
Obvious reason for this site is very simple.. tis scam to get ppl's emails and usual login/passwords n so we've all been
scammed... hope ur puter gets the worst virus on the planet you bastard

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 10:35:16 AM »
Due to the extreme rudeness shown by some towards this site and its staff  the Main Persons that see to the every day running not to mention funding of this site have totally lost interest supplying this serves to users of the silent hunter series A serious amount of personal time goes into keeping a site like this up to date.
I have seen no reason to believe anything has change recently

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 01:13:31 PM »
Obvious reason for this site is very simple.. tis scam to get ppl's emails and usual login/passwords n so we've all been

Just had a look at your E-mail address and then read this ......... Ok so maybe this is why you are so upset ...... http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1998910

banwish

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 01:11:53 AM »

I suggest you read this other sticky post:
http://www.silenthuntermods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1479.0

Offline pstpup

• Landratte
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 12:16:20 AM »
I think I'm in total agreement with this guy. How do we know the mods are even worth my effort to donate.

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 03:00:05 PM »
I think I'm in total agreement with this guy. How do we know the mods are even worth my effort to donate.

Thank you for your visit to SHMF and please don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out   2guns

ThomasCen

RE Whats this about
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2014, 06:47:05 AM »
I'm a newbie here. How come this board doesn't have any new posts for awhile? All the postings I see are over 120 days?

TredertinFet

RE Whats this about
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2014, 03:40:31 AM »
whats this fire that everyone is talking about?                   someone said that all of johns guitars and paintings burned in a fire. when was this and could someone please tell me more about this?

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
Re: RE Whats this about
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2014, 02:28:02 PM »
whats this fire that everyone is talking about?                   someone said that all of johns guitars and paintings burned in a fire. when was this and could someone please tell me more about this?

And just take a look at your sig that is why you didn't get on this site  ban-sm