Author Topic: SubSim problem  (Read 25470 times)

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
Re: SubSim problem
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2010, 12:35:19 AM »
I wonder if that’s a members I.P also

Nope, it ain't

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline Herr-Berbunch

• Matrosenobergefreiter bei den Nutten
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2010, 01:52:42 PM »
No, I know Ediko comes from Latvia, but he's a good kid and owes subsim a lot (or if SS doesn't come on this site - alot  flammoe) so I doubt it'd be him.
[img]

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2010, 04:38:33 PM »
No, I know Ediko comes from Latvia, but he's a good kid and owes subsim a lot (or if SS doesn't come on this site - alot  flammoe) so I doubt it'd be him.

I didn’t mean to suggest that anyone is responsible for anything
Its just dam annoying that every time you open Subsim in the mornings this happens
And I can’t see how anyone can think it is a False Positive is beyond me.  scrtg

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 09:04:41 PM »
I have been over and over the posts here and still cannot see how anyone would think that I suggested that any one person was responsible for the problems on Subsim still that said it looks like the problems are still continuing as the two latest posts on the subject show.
Whether or not this subject is liked on Subsim it has been found even by Google itself that there are infectious links on pages and also contained within threads on the site.
I myself no longer post about anything I find on the site because it seemed that being the messenger is considered being a trouble maker who don’t know what he is talking about and is just trying to make trouble.
I don’t even bother logging in when browsing the site anymore and if a warning pops up I just leave the site.

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2010, 12:45:46 AM »
NOW I have seen a warning too. Using FireFox on WinXP

Translation:
Reported attack site!

This website (www.subsim.com) has been declared as an attack site and has been blocked as per your security settings.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or consent of the site's owners.

And clicking on the right button leads you to this info, in English:
http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firefox&hl=da&site=http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=170
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 12:47:31 AM by Carotio »

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 12:57:02 AM »
I wonder if the upload function at subsim where everybody can upload mods has been missused by someone with evil intention...  scrtg
Maybe a virus of some sort has been spread that way.... That would be a real PITA. Damn hackers  2guns

Anyway, I can access and read the forum from IE, I have even posted about my experience there too now:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1517384&postcount=36
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 01:09:00 AM by Carotio »

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2010, 04:21:45 PM »
I was one of the first to post about this problem on Subsim as I am running Nod 32 version Eset Smart Security.
It seems Nod32 was one of the first anti virus programs to react to the Trojans and possible viruses found on some of the pages contained within Subsim.
But the warnings were ignored at first because I presume it had not come from a trusted source on the Subsim site. My post was received in bad favour even to the point of one member telling me to turn down my security settings so as I would no longer receive the Trojan reports “like I did he said” yes lets do that NOT!.
Now that most members there are now beefing up there security software and the other versions are catching up more and more reports will be sent in to the virus software manufactures and messages will start to appear about known problems shown up by there test on pages on the site.
It’s not a matter of them taking anyone’s word on this the objects found trying to infiltrate our computers has been passed on with details of where it came from contained in their coding.
The original threads about this problem have been merged into one and placed in an area that not many people take the time to read I posted there in hope that a solution could be found before it got to this stage. But as you now see if you visit Subsim threads are cropping up in most of the forums.

No one likes to see this happen to a site it’s a matter of trust when you are offered the chance to up-load files on a site if this is how it appeared.
It seems the “norm” in this day and age is to cause as much trouble as possible for others just take a look on “Facebook”

And also on a side note I would like to thank the person who pointed my thread out to
Neal Stevens who by the way is not getting “touchy” about the problem but is maybe getting slightly miffed.

I really hope this is sorted soon Subsim is still the greatest Submarine site for information, Mods and general talk threads.   Steve   tiphat
There you go origanal thread removed
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 07:16:50 PM by SeaWolf U-57 »

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010, 07:46:39 PM »
Browser warning messages are not a possible infection.
Subsim at this time appears clean  thup1

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2010, 09:32:25 PM »
Browser warning messages are not a possible infection.
Subsim at this time appears clean  thup1

I still got the message today. However, you can get rid of it and continue using FireFox, but with a cost.
Functions -> Settings -> Security -> and then untab the middle option of blocking websites
Keep it that way when visiting subsim. There probably is something spooky over there at the moment, and Neal should have it solved with help from his host, I guess. So till that happens, this is a work-around.

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2010, 08:48:57 PM »
I'm glad people are finding this so dam funny on Subsim BUT.

Lets not forget that there was an original threat containing Trojans and some other type of nasty just because it was not seen by everyone is not the issue.
To prove what was happening when I view Subsim main page I click yes to install the items to gain screen shots of what happened.
I will tell you what happened my computer started sending out information of which I have no idea and I had to pull the connection.
I then tried to remove what had been installed and then my computer froze up so a total re-install needed. So I am glad that the site has no problems now but it did have
if Neal managed to remove the nasty from the code or whoever placed it in the site realized he had been found out and removed it no one knows it seems.
So now some of you are seeing warnings a little late yes but would you not rather be warned then to go through what I had to do.
So just go on amusing yourselves about this for some it was not so funny    lam1 mtzi

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2010, 03:40:46 PM »
I would post a update on this but I do not want to receive a ban from this site (SHMF)   mtzi

Posted on subsim ....

As for you saying that my antivirus is a free $1 worthless package I would reply well At least it found the Trojans and blocked them the first time and to prove to you it was Real I was stupid enough to let them in.

29/09/2010 … drerlre.co.cc/client.zip …java/trojandownloader.agent.nbu
29/09/2010 … drerlre.co.cc/1.zip … a variant of java/mugade
I already said that they seemed to have gone

But I dont see why other people who in this instance are just blowing wind try to
Rubbish anyone who reported this
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 06:20:40 PM by SeaWolf U-57 »

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2010, 06:13:41 PM »
More possible attacks reported on Subsim

Post by Respenus ….

Just got this:

21.10.2010 14:51:45 Web Anti-Virus Detected: HEUR:Exploit.Script.Generic Firefox betaword.co.cc /images/js.php//JIM

21.10.2010 14:51:47 Web Anti-Virus Detected: Trojan-Downloader.Java.Agent.hx Java(TM) Platform SE binary betaword.co.cc /images/jar5.php/bpac/a.class

21.10.2010 14:51:49 Web Anti-Virus Detected: Trojan-Downloader.Java.Agent.hw Java(TM) Platform SE binary betaword.co.cc /images/j.php/M8PFGFzL.class

This attack repeated 4 times. I'm using KAV Pure English version, latest database.

Man I just love KAV. Slows down computers to a halt, but creates a damn good barrier.

Hope this helps a bit.

And also by SashaKA001 …..

Java\JRE6\bin\java.exe
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 06:18:11 PM by SeaWolf U-57 »

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2010, 10:35:49 PM »
I cant say if these attacks are happening or not because I use Eset Smart Security
And as a new Trojan is discovered nod32 updates itself every hour so if its been listed
No other Nod 32 user should see the Trojan as it would be blocked.  chatten

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2010, 11:34:04 PM »
Hard to say. As mentioned somewhere else, I use Comodo/AVG. And lots of other community members use all sorts of combinations of firewall/AV, and why some programs warn about security risks and others don't is a science in itself. Sometimes you can wonder if your own choice is weak because it doesn't warn, and sometimes if it's too sensitive with false alerts.

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2010, 03:21:35 AM »
And that is the real problem there is no way of being really sure
It looks like it is still attacking in some form or other but that said
Your antivirus may have already updated itself to the threats before
You encounter them so they are blocked I just keep an eye on my system
If it seems to be doing something over the internet when I think it should
Not be then I will pull the plug and do a full scan just to make sure.