Author Topic: Unsinkable ships in RFB and RSRDC  (Read 2947 times)

Offline Forensicman101

• Matrosengefreiter
Unsinkable ships in RFB and RSRDC
« on: July 03, 2010, 05:45:37 PM »
I tried playing RFB but gave up when a 100 ton sub chaser failed to sink even after I'd put three torpedoes into it and left it with its stern sticking out of the water.  I've found the same problem with RSRDC (there's no point in trying to torpedo small sub chasers).  Last night I put eight torpedoes into a Fubuki class destroyer, all of which exploded.  The Fubuki was left dead in the water & ablaze, but 24 (game) hours later was still floating.
Suggestions anyone?

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
Re: Unsinkable ships in RFB and RSRDC
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 03:12:46 AM »
I'm not sure that RSRDC should have anything to do with that, since this mod adds traffic foremost. RFB on the other hand is more focused on changing the gameplay to a more realistic (according to authors sources) and harder gameplay. If this is not appealing then it's advisable to change to TMO (+RSRDC). It's closer to realism than stock, but less hard than RFB.
I haven't investigated 100%, but it's the general idea.

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline Forensicman101

• Matrosengefreiter
Re: Unsinkable ships in RFB and RSRDC
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 07:22:17 PM »
According to the documentation in RSRDC & OM, Lurker modified several ship file, including the Fubuki & Jap Small Sub Chaser for both of these mods.