Author Topic: [REL] Intercontinental Radio Pack  (Read 57490 times)

Offline nervouspete

• Matrose
Re: [REL] Intercontinental Radio Pack
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 09:37:00 PM »
Okay, if RAR27 isn't complete, you'll have to redownload that part. To check if all parts are as they should be, I have uploaded PAR2 files to to check and repair if necessary.

When the download and unpacking is made, then you just enable it with JSGME.
If you get CTDs, you need to tell me, if you try to use it with SH4 or with SH5.
If it's with SH5, the mod needs a work-around, cause it wasn't made for SH5.

EDIT:
Oh, yeah,  urWelcome to SHMF
Feel free to participate in on-topic and off-topic subjects here.  sm09

Cheers Carotio! I've been listening to random songs and events by poking about in the folders and it looks like you've crafted an amazing slice of WWII broadcast history! I just can't get enough Ed Murrow!

Unfortunately I did try redownloading Part 27. The funny thing is that although it states while downloading that the file is the usual 97mb size, it always stops at 36.4, no matter how many times I try. I know how to use the JGSME as this isn't the only mod I've got going (Darkwraith we love you!) but it's just that half complete Part 27 that halts the unpacking and sort of screws it up, and I believe ultimately causes the CTD that happens as soon as the game is fully loaded and takes you to the Sub Pen.

I haven't tried the PAR2 file thing yet. Would that fix the 36.4mb  problem? I'm not sure it would as it isn't all there. Also, I'm not sure how you actually use the PAR2 files using the checker it came with. What options do you click when the menu comes up?

So, anybody else getting the 36.4mb abortive part 27 problem? Any thinks on how to get around it?

Regardless of the outcome my hat doffs to you for a tremendous effort matey. Guys like you elevate this game into true historical re-enactment and soft-shoe shuffling.

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2010, 11:17:30 PM »
It sounds to me like you have tried to extract the achieve even though one of the files is incomplete and still tired to enable it. That will of course ultimately lead to CTD.

Yes, you can repair with the provided PAR2 files. In post 1, there's the link to where you get QuickRar, and after you have installed it, you can double click any of the PAR2 files, provided they are located in the same folder as the rar files, and it will automatically repair the achieve. Just leave the faulty RAR file in the folder. QuickPar should automatically first check the achieve, then you might have to click repair.

Now you talk about TheDarkWraith. Well, he is certainly active for SH5 mods, so I presume, you want to use my radio mod with SH5, right? In that case, you need to delete the music.cfg file from the mod. Otherwise -> CTD.

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline nervouspete

• Matrose
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 01:05:12 AM »

Ah!

Ta for the tips there. Will be getting shut-eye after a mammoth bout of photo-editing, but will be giving this a try tomorrow. Ta much!

Offline nervouspete

• Matrose
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 01:03:19 AM »

Curses and double curses.

Unfortunately it still refuses to work, despite me uninstalling all the mods and reinstalling the Radio mod on its own. Also tried re-extracting it but no joy. It repaired fine, but whatever I try it just causes CTD's after the loading screen before the sub-pen. I'm on patch 1.2, natch.

Anyone else got it to work for SH5? What mods are you lot running with it?

Really hope I can get this to work somehow. Bit baffled as to what the beef is.  cry3

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 11:21:35 AM »
Since I didn't write this for SH5, and since I don't own my own copy of SH5 yet - I waiting for the autumn, I think - then it's very hard for me to give support for my radio mod using it with SH5. I wrote it for SH4, and there it works fine.

So either you wait for others to give some support, and then you can wait long I fear, or you try and look at the files yourself, and give the rest of us a report. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the music and the sound files themselves. It must be the text files, which causes a problem then.

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline nervouspete

• Matrose
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 07:33:39 PM »

Fair 'nuff, I'll see what I can find. If I dig up anything that sheds light I'll let you know, but having never modded before it may be a long shot.

Thanks again!

Offline nervouspete

• Matrose
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 08:08:03 PM »

Good news, everyone! /Professor Farnsworth Voice

I've discovered what the conflict is, and it's such an easy and obvious one it makes me blush. It's the music config file. Simply delete the Music folder and its contents (...data\sound\music) from the mod folder and you can play without any bothersome CTD's!

Now I can listen to the lush sounds of this excellent mod. I think a lot of time will be spent on the Paris frequency, myself. Hurrah and thanks again Carotio!

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 10:28:18 PM »
I've discovered what the conflict is, and it's such an easy and obvious one it makes me blush. It's the music config file. Simply delete the Music folder and its contents (...data\sound\music) from the mod folder and you can play without any bothersome CTD's!

You know, if you look further up, I allready wrote about that -> to just delete the music.cfg file.
Maybe I should just add a small patch mod for SH5 users in the first post.  sm08

Offline nervouspete

• Matrose
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2010, 09:03:36 AM »

You know, if you look further up, I allready wrote about that -> to just delete the music.cfg file.
Maybe I should just add a small patch mod for SH5 users in the first post.  sm08

Oh no! (Jumps out of window)

You know I remember reading that now and taking it under advisement, and then completely forgetting about it. I'm such a fool.

Argh. It's too hot for me to think.  ;)

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2010, 02:20:25 PM »
I have modified the opening post in the download section, which explains how to use this with SH5.
Try it out, and report back if you experience problems with this small modification.

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2011, 12:08:12 AM »
THIS PART BELOW IS FOR USERS OF THIS RADIO MOD AND SH5

You need to open data\sound\music\music.cfg with a text file editor like notepad,
and then replace all the text in the file with the one in the quote.
This should prevent the CTDs as reported by SH5 users.

[GENERAL]
CertainityTime=1
MinDuration=20
FadeTime=2

[STATES]
States=11
State1=BEGIN
State2=NORMAL
State3=BATTLE
State4=TENSION
State5=HIGH TENSION
State6=VICTORY
State7=DEFEAT
State8=JOY
State9=NAVIGATION MAP
State10=IN BASE
State11=UNDER DEPTH CHARGES

[BEGIN]
Tracks=11
;Track1=BEGIN 1.ogg
;Track2=BEGIN 2.ogg
;Track3=BEGIN 3.ogg
;Track4=BEGIN 4.ogg
;Track5=BEGIN 5.ogg
;Track6=BEGIN 1 R.ogg
;Track7=BEGIN 2 R.ogg
;Track8=BEGIN 3 R.ogg
;Track9=BEGIN 3 R2.ogg
;Track10=BEGIN 4 R.ogg
;Track11=BEGIN 5 R.ogg

[NORMAL]
Tracks=9
;Track1=STALKER 1.ogg
;Track2=STALKER 2.ogg
;Track3=STALKER 3.ogg
;Track4=STALKER 4.ogg
;Track5=STALKER 5.ogg
;Track6=STALKER 1 R.ogg
;Track7=STALKER 2 R.ogg
;Track8=STALKER 3 R.ogg
;Track9=STALKER 5 R.ogg

[BATTLE]
Tracks=12
;Track1=BATTLE 1.ogg
;Track2=BATTLE 2.ogg
;Track3=BATTLE 3.ogg
;Track4=BATTLE 4.ogg
;Track5=BATTLE 5.ogg
;Track6=BATTLE 6.ogg
;Track7=BATTLE 1 R.ogg
;Track8=BATTLE 2 R.ogg
;Track9=BATTLE 3 R.ogg
;Track10=BATTLE 4 R.ogg
;Track11=BATTLE 5 R.ogg
;Track12=BATTLE 6 R.ogg

[TENSION]
Tracks=10
;Track1=TENSION 1.ogg
;Track2=TENSION 2.ogg
;Track3=TENSION 3.ogg
;Track4=TENSION 4.ogg
;Track5=TENSION 5.ogg
;Track6=TENSION 1 R.ogg
;Track7=TENSION 2 R.ogg
;Track8=TENSION 3 R.ogg
;Track9=TENSION 4 R.ogg
;Track10=TENSION 5 R.ogg

[HIGH TENSION]
Tracks=9
;Track1=HIGH TENSION 1.ogg
;Track2=HIGH TENSION 2.ogg
;Track3=HIGH TENSION 3.ogg
;Track4=HIGH TENSION 4.ogg
;Track5=HIGH TENSION 5.ogg
;Track6=HIGH TENSION 2 R.ogg
;Track7=HIGH TENSION 3 R.ogg
;Track8=HIGH TENSION 3 R2.ogg
;Track9=HIGH TENSION 5 R.ogg

[VICTORY]
Tracks=3
;Track1=VICTORY 1.ogg
;Track2=VICTORY 2.ogg
;Track3=VICTORY 3.ogg

[DEFEAT]
Tracks=3
;Track1=DEFEAT 1.ogg
;Track2=DEFEAT 2.ogg
;Track3=DEFEAT 3.ogg

[JOY]
Tracks=5
;Track1=JOY 1.ogg
;Track2=JOY 2.ogg
;Track3=JOY 3.ogg
;Track4=JOY 4.ogg
;Track5=JOY 5.ogg

[NAVIGATION MAP]
Tracks=2
;Track1=STALKER 5.ogg
;Track2=STALKER 5 R.ogg

[IN BASE]
Tracks=2
Track1=MAIN THEME R.ogg
Track2=MENU R.ogg

[UNDER DEPTH CHARGES]
Tracks=2
;Track1=HIGH TENSION 1 R.ogg
;Track2=HIGH TENSION 4 R.ogg

Offline Akula4745

• Matrose
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2011, 05:06:13 AM »
Many thanks Carotio!!! I recently had a HD failure and lost these radio files... many thanks for making them available to us!!

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2011, 10:55:58 AM »
Many thanks Carotio!!! I recently had a HD failure and lost these radio files... many thanks for making them available to us!!

Dont Even go there  mtzi mtzi computerbad.
Time to build a new one for myself I think  realno

Offline Akula4745

• Matrose
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2011, 02:15:51 AM »
Rumor is that Akula goes bad places on the web! LOL
You get used to rebuilding them every year or so... and that is with a Linux based FW.

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2011, 03:24:57 AM »
You're welcome.  kaffee