Author Topic: Feedback for LSH3v4  (Read 19354 times)

Offline ridgewayranger

• In the dungeon
  • Matrose
Feedback for LSH3v4
« on: May 24, 2009, 07:50:58 PM »
Hi rowi58,
Now I have a few missions under my belt may I make a small critcism? Wherever I go there seem to be just too many targets. I chase down a contact and find several ships waiting for my attention. Spoilt for choice, I methodically put them all down, as none of them seems able to make a break and none,at this time are armed,  I sit on the surface and gun them all down! Perhaps you could tell me what to alter so that targets don't spawn so often or so many at a time. My overall impression is, a damned good mod which I am playing in preference to GWX 3, and that is saying a lot. Yes, I shall play GWX3 again when I've had my fill of LSH3 but it's great to have choices of such high standard.
Thanks again RR.

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
Re: Feedback for LSH3v4
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 08:03:42 PM »
Hey,

I moved your post to it's own thread, making more sence...  icw2

I can concur a little, but I have not yet played so much. But I'm thinking that maybe the contacts.cfg need to be altered so that chances of a report of a nearby ship/convoy is reduced.

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline Rafael

• Matrosengefreiter
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 08:39:17 PM »
I think the font type in Funksprueche (taste M) is not authentic. Why it has been changed in LSH3 I don't know?

I suggest the use the 'old fashioned' font type.

Furthermore, I would like to see more smoke (like in WAC). I have WAC on my computer too, but unfortunately WAC is full of bugs and LSH3 is bug free  yes1!

The deck-gun from WAC would also be an improvement in LSH3.  8)

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 08:45:49 PM »
This is a great mod well done to you all.  clap1
I will create a predator and battle class subs mod that will work with LSH3 v4  thup1

Offline Johno

• Matrosenobergefreiter bei den Nutten
    • Command Submarines Pack
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 12:30:17 AM »
LSH3 on Multiplay works fine,plays well,one of our members Stormy has started  A Warship Mod for LSH3.Test phase looks well so far,we are testing online,more info on our site www.ComSubsPac.com,
Test v2.0 available to Download,
When completed we will post here in the SH3 Mods forum,
Greets  thup1
[URL=

Offline rowi58

• Matrosenstabsgefreiter
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 03:13:38 PM »
I think the font type in Funksprueche (taste M) is not authentic. Why it has been changed in LSH3 I don't know?

I suggest the use the 'old fashioned' font type.

Furthermore, I would like to see more smoke (like in WAC). I have WAC on my computer too, but unfortunately WAC is full of bugs and LSH3 is bug free  yes1!

The deck-gun from WAC would also be an improvement in LSH3.  8)

Hi popeye,

we changed that font type, because the new is
- better to read
- we can put more information (words) into one message.
There is a very big problem with the fonts in SH3: they are simple TGA files, with each typo defined by its coordinates (in pixel wide an high) on that TGA. So nobody tried to make better fonts for SH3.

If you want more smoke - so try the Add-On Star Shell - Ship horns by matz62. This mod is an adaption of racerboy's "effect-mod" specially for LSH3. You can find this MOD here in the d/l section of LSH3. For LSH3 V5, matz62 has made a new version of his MOD with even more smoke.

Greetings
rowi58
[IMG]

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 07:19:20 PM »
More Smoke  scrtg
looks Ok to me  thup1

Great job  clap1

Offline rowi58

• Matrosenstabsgefreiter
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 07:44:49 AM »
Thanks,

due to VISTA-problems, the release will be on the first or second week-end of November 2009. So - here are some impressions of (some of) the new harbors:

Wilhelmshaven - made by "thfeu"

Kiel-Tirpitz-Hafen - made by "Trainer1942", completed by "rowi58"

Kiel-Howald-Werke-KillianBunker - made by "Trainer1942", completed by "rowi58"

Kaseburg (near Swinemuende) - made by "thfeu"

All these harbors above are starting point in the campaign (if you are at the right time in the right flotilla  ;D )

But the British will get a new harbor too;

Lerwick - made by "rowi58"

Of course many other items (ships, locks a.s.o.)

Greetings
rowi58

[IMG]

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 12:30:43 PM »
Cant wait to try V5  bow1

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 01:40:19 PM »
It looks ever so stunningly impressive  2thup 2thup 2thup
But you forgot to mention and show some bridges...  sm09
That work from Ottibald is also in LSH3v5, I have heard some rumours....  shady1

Oh... I really hope, when SH5 comes out that much of this work can be ported over to the new engine. And that you are up for trying. At least at the subsim meet, 16-20th september 2009, when 3 members of the SH5 dev team are present and demonstrating SH5, I'll ask them, if it will be possible. yes1

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline rowi58

• Matrosenstabsgefreiter
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2009, 04:50:56 PM »
Of course,

Ottibald's bridges are embedded too (he made the modell - i made the files and animation). Just a picture of the Rendburg turnable roadbridge:

Also the Lock Holtenau and Brunsbuettel got turnable locks - so you must sail very carefully:

And a small impression - returnig to the new Tirpitz Harbor:

Greetings
rowi58

[IMG]

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2009, 05:52:43 PM »
And don’t be forgetting about that beautiful lighthouse
Model  clap1
There is one thing for sure SH5 had better be something really
Good or else im staying with SH3 and LSH3 v4 or v5 if its ready  j12

from what i have seen of V5 so far there is about 10 months of gameplay right there  bow1
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 05:55:05 PM by SeaWolf U-57 »

Offline rowi58

• Matrosenstabsgefreiter
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2009, 08:48:22 AM »
And don’t be forgetting about that beautiful lighthouse
Model  clap1

Of course,

Ottibalds wonderfull Holtenau-Ensemble. But we will have another new lighthouse too:

Lighthouse "Roter Sand" near Wilhelmshaven - made by "KaptHaddock". And of course new ships (SH3 is nothing without ships). Some out of "iambecomelife's" MFM:

and some warships too, for example "Trainer1942" KM "Schlesweig-Holstein" training ship:

And some older one from "Gerome_73" (Roma class battleship and Zara class heavy cruiser).

Greetings
rowi58

« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 08:49:58 AM by rowi58 »
[IMG]

Offline Rafael

• Matrosengefreiter
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 09:11:31 PM »
Hi popeye,

we changed that font type, because the new is
- better to read
- we can put more information (words) into one message.
There is a very big problem with the fonts in SH3: they are simple TGA files, with each typo defined by its coordinates (in pixel wide an high) on that TGA. So nobody tried to make better fonts for SH3.

If you want more smoke - so try the Add-On Star Shell - Ship horns by matz62. This mod is an adaption of racerboy's "effect-mod" specially for LSH3. You can find this MOD here in the d/l section of LSH3. For LSH3 V5, matz62 has made a new version of his MOD with even more smoke.

Greetings
rowi58

Hello Rowi,

I have the MOD_Schiffshorn_Leuchtkugeln_Seenotsignal_LSH3_V4.7z installed it is a great mod, but I don't have more smoke?

Furthermore, there are two LSH3 files that I have and you don't have it here at silenhutermods.com:

1. Bugfix fuer Schiffshorn-Mod-LSH.7z
2. Sinkverhalten-Schiffshorn-Mod-LSH.7z

Do you know the above files and is "MOD_Schiffshorn_Leuchtkugeln_Seenotsignal_LSH3_V4.7z" the correct mod to have more smoke?

Thanks and greetings!  yes1

Popeye

Offline rowi58

• Matrosenstabsgefreiter
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 08:34:23 AM »
Sorry popeye,

my mistake. The next version of this MOD - will be released together with LSH3 V5 - will have this expamded smoke (3 parts: standard + "normal" damage-modell (Sinkverhalten) + improved smoke).

ATM:
- Bugfix fuer Schiffshorn-Mod-LSH.7z fixes a problem with the icebreaker "Stettin"
- Sinkverhalten-Schiffshorn-Mod-LSH.7z will have the "normal" damage-modell (that means faster sinking of ships, as it is in Stock SH3).

Greetings
rowi58
[IMG]