Author Topic: [REL] Office Posters  (Read 7828 times)

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
[REL] Office Posters
« on: May 03, 2012, 11:02:09 PM »
These are 80 files that replace the art pinup on the left side shelves and the three ship identification posters on the right side wall in the office. It's intended to be used with my SH4 Randomizer program so you can have a new set of images whenever you want.

The images in this set are random art pinups from my Captain's Desk Photos mods, and selected U.S. WWII propaganda posters. Images have been resized and cropped to fit in the allotted space of a copy of postere.dds, used as a base image. Some images may be post-war. You can use the included thumbnail file to see which images are in each file, especially if you don't have a DDS viewer.

I created this because I was tired of seeing the same images all the time in the office. I also wanted to do something about the IJN Carriers poster, which includes the Taiho, a ship which wasn't commissioned until 1944, and had a service life of about three months!

To install, just extract directly into the "Office Posters" folder created by the SH4 Randomizer. Then run the SH4 Randomizer program to have it select a file to use. There is one propaganda poster used in every third file, which also has the letter "p" added to the filename. The SH4 Randomizer program will tell you which file it used, so if you don't want to see one of these before they should be "available" (starting a career before or just after Pearl Harbor for instance), just run that part of the program again until you get one without a "p." To use the files without the randomizer program, you'll need to pick which one you want to use, rename to the appropriate filename, then copy/move to the "Data\Textures\TNormal\tex" folder.

SPECIAL NOTE: This mod is ONLY intended to be used if you have "Texture Quality High" checked in the "Options\Graphic Settings" of the game. If this is not checked, you will not see the new images when playing. I chose to do a high resolution only version because it's what the overwhelming majority of players use, and thus not worth the hassle to try to include two versions. Also, a few of the propaganda posters are VERY not "politically correct" in today's worldview. If these bother you, delete them.

View thumbnails

Files marked with a * are not available here due to space limitations. They can be downloaded here:

From MediaFire:
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/a4cbk6o52zhbb/Office_Posters

Subsim.com SH4 Downloads section under the Pinups section of Graphics Mods.

Office Posters Set 1

Office Posters Set 2

Office Posters Set 3

Office Posters Set 4

Office Posters Set 5*

Office Posters Set 6*

« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 09:58:53 PM by fred8615 »
Frederick J. Barnett
"Someone's got to take the responsibility if the job's going to get done!! Do you think that's easy?!" Gregory Peck - The Guns Of Navarone

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
Re: [REL] Office Posters
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 05:49:33 PM »
Added Set 2.
Frederick J. Barnett
"Someone's got to take the responsibility if the job's going to get done!! Do you think that's easy?!" Gregory Peck - The Guns Of Navarone

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 07:56:11 PM »
Added Set 3.
Frederick J. Barnett

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 04:56:17 PM »
Added Set 4.
Frederick J. Barnett

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 10:21:25 PM »
Added Set 5.
Frederick J. Barnett

Offline Viper

• Matrosengefreiter
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 09:42:31 AM »
I don't see Set 5 anywhere.   :(
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 04:59:36 PM »
I don't see Set 5 anywhere.   :(
Sorry. Posted wrong link. Fixed now, along with the text for Set 5.
Frederick J. Barnett

Offline Viper

• Matrosengefreiter
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 11:25:02 PM »
Grabbing it now, thanks.  Getting more mods/tweeks ready for my game night tonight. :)
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 09:59:27 PM »
Added Set 6.
Frederick J. Barnett