Author Topic: [WIP] Supermod Uboot Waffe for SH4 v1.5  (Read 23299 times)

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
[WIP] Supermod Uboot Waffe for SH4 v1.5
« on: January 11, 2009, 07:32:30 PM »

Uboot-Waffe for SH4 v1.5

This mod will focus on bringing a German campaign into the SH4 engine for the casual gamer,
which means that there will be room for small parts of "what if". It will not be total unrealistic,
but to me, SH4 is a game, and you'll never be able to mod the game to be totally realistic,
hence I don't claim my supermod to be realistic, so no need to discuss realism further.
It's ready, when it's ready, and by then you can try it out and thus make up your mind,
whether you want to play the game this or that way.

So what will it include then?

Projects aka WIP:
- bringing in all known German u-boat types and have both playable units and AI as eye candy.
- adding existing SH4 units to the game, evt. adding converted SH3 units.
- rework campaign files to fix the harbours of Germany and foreign harbours occupied by Germany.
- adding more cities to the world map, not only coastal cities.
- rework traffic in harbours, domestic first, secondly some major or important enemy ports.
- rework coastal traffic, single merchants, convoys, hunter groups.
- adding milk cows and supply ships.

Projects more or less done:
- new dials and TDC shortcuts for attack periscope and UZO, this may be added as optional mod.
- new textures for F10: torpedos and crew.
- a pin up poster with Rita F. directly from the Reichsbräuteschule.
- my own sound pack, which includes improved sounds and German speech extracted from SH3 and some SH3 sound mods.

Compatibility:
- planned to work with stock SH4 v1.5
- planned to work on top of PE
- nothing else. Using anything else before or after, then do it at your own risk.

Support:
- will henceforth take place in my forum
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 05:36:12 PM by Carotio »

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
Re: Supermod Uboot Waffe for SH4 v1.5
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 08:10:39 PM »
Newest changes or additions in this post

Added Jo Theisings shark unit in my altered version, which is slightly changed eyes plus that I have added the theme music from Jaws to the unit.

I have converted the Bouys from DD, from SH3 to SH4, and they work quite fine here.  au1

And I have been reworking the terrain around Wilhelmshaven to a more historical true environment. However, this is the current state and thus not the final state by guarentee.

Two maps, one from far away to show its new position, and one to show the current positioning of harbour/schleusen facilities. Plus some ingame shots.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 09:06:40 PM by Carotio »

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 08:13:21 PM »
Crew images changed:

Added icon for merchant ships:

Added Rita - direkt von der Reichsbräuteschule - as pin up girl in the radio room:

Adding my periscope/uzo changes, which still is a WIP:

Altered map colors, original idea of Nisgeis:

« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 07:13:39 PM by Carotio »

Offline black-paintballer

• Landratte
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 04:05:01 PM »
Hello,

where to download? Can you send me a link please??

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 10:36:18 PM »
Hello,

where to download? Can you send me a link please??

It's a WIP, work in progress, but also a one-man-project, so it takes up some time, since I cannot spend 100% time on it as much as I would like to, so you just have to be patient. Sorry...

But rest asure that when the first playable version is ready, this thread will be updated with a download link.  ;)

Offline jimbob

• Landratte
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 08:56:36 AM »
Looks very interesting.

Bookmarked.

piratey

Offline captgeo

• Matrosenhauptgefreiter
Re: [WIP] Supermod Uboot Waffe for SH4 v1.5
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 03:19:23 AM »
Look's really good........I will be watching for the completed project thup
[IMG]

Offline Capt DP

• Landratte
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 07:08:33 PM »
Anything new here to report?

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 10:20:05 PM »
Anything new here to report?

No, not really. If you look at the dates of the posts, you can see that I haven't updated the thread in 2 = TWO years.
I still have the files on the hard drive, but making an independant supermod was too big a mouthful, and I could see how the community treated lurker_hlb3 so he left the forums completely, so I haven't had the great desire to use my time continueing my work. I might extract the different files to make independant mods or an overlay mod for OM instead. But that will be just about it. If ever it happens, the thread title will change from WIP to REL...

Offline Capt DP

• Landratte
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 01:36:35 AM »
That's too bad.  I'm new here but from what I see above, this looked very promising.