Author Topic: [REL] Intercontinental Radio Pack  (Read 57503 times)

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
Re: [REL] Intercontinental Radio Pack
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2011, 01:24:33 PM »
Rumor is that Akula goes bad places on the web! LOL
You get used to rebuilding them every year or so... and that is with a Linux based FW.

Haha yes that will do it also everyone likes to look at a picture or two.
but mine was down to age I was getting around to changing it after building some
"rigs" for others but there you go.

Offline Taylor

• Matrose
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2011, 05:38:29 PM »
Just want to say: I love this amazing mod!!!! 2thup

Thanx for your great work!!

Offline down666

• Landratte
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2011, 10:38:32 PM »
great mod thx :)

Offline sparrs

• Matrose
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2011, 07:01:46 PM »
Great mod - thanks, but I was wondering where is the original version of the Radio Saigon mod? Cant seem to find it...

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2011, 02:57:49 PM »
Great mod - thanks, but I was wondering where is the original version of the Radio Saigon mod? Cant seem to find it...

Here tis:

http://www.silenthuntermods.com/forum/index.php?topic=229.0
Frederick J. Barnett
"Someone's got to take the responsibility if the job's going to get done!! Do you think that's easy?!" Gregory Peck - The Guns Of Navarone

Offline Admiral Von Gerlach

• Matrosengefreiter
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2011, 06:16:04 PM »
Thank you Again C for this wonderful site, forum and wonderful radio mod. It will make a huge differnce when crossing the Atlantic and other long voyages. The First Officer's pranks and the cook's soup get old after a few months at sea!  I am so grateful for your wonderful support for our SH experiences.

So we just need to edit the cfg file not delete the entire music folder, that is great news for SHV, i will use this in both SH4 and SH5 as i have all of three of them installed. thank you again!  And Happy New Years!

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2011, 06:42:51 PM »
So we just need to edit the cfg file not delete the entire music folder, that is great news for SHV,

That's correct. Edit that CFG file as described, and it will work with SH5 too.  yes1

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

• Matrosengefreiter
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2011, 09:13:50 PM »
Thank you sir, much appreciated. I have not tried to run the radio yet in SHV, so i am hoping it will be clear how to turn it off and on.

Do you reccomend using JGSME for this or should we just drop the data file of the mod into the data folder of our install and write the files directly?

thanks again ..i am amazed at how much work you put into this, i have collected much of the radio stations and music for SH IV but this is such a nice and elegant way to add the resources. You did a wonderful job.

I will make a contribution to your costs to help with the site and forum, it is so nice to have the major mods for each version of SH so nicely presented.

Btw is that Obama in the yankee hat? it is a bit scary to go past that each time, he is such a fool but it is funny too.

A final question: in your read me you say:

Now, I have added my radio.ini file, which is made for the above radio stations and those alone. If you have more or want less, you'll have to edit it. In my tests, I think a distance of 6 is enough for the frequences.
And I have added in data/sound/music a cfg file removing all of the theme music.
And I have checked the mod with Digital Truckers radio checking program and there should be no problems, so go ahead and try it out.

i looked at the music ini and it shows various tracks for various events....do those still run? i dont mind the theme music that plays in the sim as we are underway so is there a way to add that back in if we want? thanks..  I was not sure what you meant by theme music..
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 09:31:57 PM by Admiral Von Gerlach »

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2011, 11:29:14 PM »
Do you reccomend using JGSME for this or should we just drop the data file of the mod into the data folder of our install and write the files directly?

Btw is that Obama in the yankee hat? it is a bit scary to go past that each time, he is such a fool but it is funny too.

i looked at the music ini and it shows various tracks for various events....do those still run? i dont mind the theme music that plays in the sim as we are underway so is there a way to add that back in if we want? thanks..  I was not sure what you meant by theme music..

1) Yes, JSGME, even though it will take up some extra space of your harddrive

2) Obame, yankee hat? Not understood.... If you mean my avatar, it's myself.

3a) Yes, they all run. On time.
3b) You could edit the CFG file and remove all the " ; " from each line, and you'll get the theme music. But why? The radio mod provides music for the voyage, and there's still some theme music playing for some situations. Just not continously on the long-distance voyages.

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

• Matrosengefreiter
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2011, 12:50:48 AM »
ah ha, thanks. Yes i loaded it up via JGSME and it seems fine

ah that is you!  fun pic. well done.

Ok re theme music, was not sure how it worked. It will actually be good to be able to control that, the radio music will be much better and more realistic and I am sure i will get tired of the theme music fast. thanks again.

Offline WalterS75

• Landratte
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2012, 04:34:03 PM »
Very nice sound mod, i tested it yesterday night and had a lot of fun.
Thank you!

Offline Alky

• Landratte
  • Alter Kapitän
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2013, 05:29:50 PM »
I just came back to SH5 after a couple of years and remembered the great radio station mods. It took a while to re-locate this site and found I still had an account.  :)
I know I downloaded the big mod before but have lost it along the way, this time it will go on a DVD disc!  :)
Thanx for all your work on this project, it makes recharging the subs batteries so much more interesting   thup1
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 05:31:37 PM by Alky »
George "Alky®" Fisher

Offline Armandox

• Landratte
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2013, 03:32:54 PM »
Thanks Carotio for such an awesome job compiling and providing this to the community! This has hands down to be one of the best additions to SH!

Offline scissors

• Landratte
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2014, 09:28:35 PM »
For a 5 gig mod in 57 different pieces it installs much easier than i thought it would .. I think sometimes that people dont understand that just making a mod that installs with very little trouble is quite the feat in itself .. Much appreciated ..

Last night President Roosevelt had a fireside chat , explaining the hardships that the American people would have to endure , and what the government was doing to lessen the hardships , and win the coming war ..
It was a great thing ..

I am afraid that the Silent hunter series might be in trouble overall .. I have tried the online game .. I wont berate it other than to say it doesnt hold my attention ..
 I wonder why the good people at Ubi didn't do something like this radio mod For the stock game .. Because it adds so much to the game ..

I have actually Bragged to a couple of my friends at the prospect of having a radio that played period programs and music in this manner .. They know nothing of the game ,, But they are still impressed at the notion ..

This isn't the first radio mod i have used , It does seem to be the most complete and dare i say .. the best .
I can say nothing to add to its luster that the maker doesn't already know himself .. After all the work putting this project together .. Coratio knows he has made a masterpiece ..

I would like to convey however .. that i recognize this . I appreciate the hard work involved and heartily enjoy this mod .. If anyone stumbles across this and like me is a Silent hunter aficionado even if not of the highest order .. Its worth the little bit of trouble .. I promise .. I am to post a similar thread on Steam ,, where i try to help some of those guys who know not the love of this game , get started modding it  .
Much thanks for one of the best Mods ive come across in the several years i have been fiddling with this game ..

Offline richterkraft

• Landratte
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2014, 08:00:46 PM »
God aften, good evening,

Thank you for letting me download this epochal collection of music. It is indeed a pity you are going to close these forums, and I feel happy to have arrived just in time. This is a unique add-on for all of us Silent Hunter players!