Author Topic: Forum software upgrade  (Read 5345 times)

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Wie ist es eigentlich so unter'm Wasser? Dunkel
    • Silent Hunter Mods Forum
Forum software upgrade
« on: March 08, 2011, 06:40:34 PM »
Currently this forum is running SMF 2.0 RC2
I have not updated the software for a while though SMF 2.0 RC3, SMF 2.0 RC4 and now SMF 2.0 RC5 have been published.
The forum has been running smoothly, but I'm still curious as what the newest version has to offer. So as soon as I can find the time to upgrade the forum, I will. The forum may be hard to access in that time, but afterwards it should be back to normal, back to business as usual.  2thup

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
Re: Forum software upgrade
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 03:35:43 AM »
And now the forum is the RC5 version.  ;D

Besides some changes of colours and positioning of post windows, maybe you wanna report something, which is different as in it is an error, then MAYBE I will look into it, if I can... or want to.

Taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle français, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo español
Before you write me a pm, ask yourself, if it ain't better to write it in the forum. It usually is.

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 07:02:06 AM »
Apart from a little delay opening the pages the new version looks great
it's even better using I.E64bit.   clap1

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 02:39:12 PM »
a little delay opening the pages

Yes, I get that too.  scrtg

Offline Carotio

• Administrator
  • Kapitänleutnant
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 07:45:49 PM »
I switched off something called lookup for the Aeva mod, which auto-embeds videos from different sites.
So you can still just post f.i. a youtube clip and it will still be auto-embedded.
But allready after this small change, the forum seems a bit faster now.  yes1

I'm also going to reduce the number of smileys in the above post form and move them to the pop up window. We don't really need all of them as 1st priority smileys. I'll keep some of the most used there, and then move those I feel is rarely used. I'm not deleting any of them though.

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 08:06:39 PM »
Alot faster now  thup1