Author Topic: [REL] Crew Rank Fix  (Read 8877 times)

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
[REL] Crew Rank Fix
« on: June 16, 2011, 09:32:28 PM »
Crew Rank Fix

This mod increases the number of Officers, Chief Petty Officers, and Petty Officers you can have on your sub. So you can now have a crew layout more historically accurate than before.

The reason for creating this mod is that the game defaults for all ranks is set lower than the actual number used, especially during the war. And even worse, the game treats CPOs as Officers, when in fact they were Enlisted personnel, which further reduces the number you can have of each. While the game will start your career with more than the allowed number of each rank, you can't swap men out or increase the number of certain ranks to an historically accurate level without running into the “Too Many...” error message.

The number of POs was increased because after looking at several sites with crew lists on them, it appears that only a few out of an entire sub's complement had an ordinary Seaman's rank. In reality, any sailor who had any sort of specialization rating had at least a PO Third Class rank as well.

There are three versions of this mod:

Crew Rank Fix – Stock - Use with the stock 1.5 game.

Crew Rank Fix – RSRDC - Use with the standalone Run Silent, Run Deep the Campaign mod.

Crew Rank Fix - With Narwhal Mod – Use with the Subsim.com Narwhal mod. Install AFTER the Narwhal mod.

Install using JSGME, or extract the “Data” folder inside the archive into your SH4 installation, clicking “Yes” when it asks if you want to overwrite any folders and files.

There're no Real Fleet Boat or Trigger Maru-Overhauled versions because they already have the same type of changes in them, though their numbers are different.

Be sure to read the readme.txt for more information.

download1
Crew_Rank_Fix.rar
Frederick J. Barnett
"Someone's got to take the responsibility if the job's going to get done!! Do you think that's easy?!" Gregory Peck - The Guns Of Navarone

Offline Taylor

• Matrose
Re: [REL] Crew Rank Fix
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 05:44:51 PM »
Is there a possibility to do this also with the german subs for OM?

I tried it,but i don`t find the right file;i know it is a UPCGE.
But i fail to find the right one-there are so many folders with data,that i don`t know,which one i have to edit.

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 01:38:28 AM »
Is there a possibility to do this also with the german subs for OM?

I tried it,but i don`t find the right file;i know it is a UPCGE.
But i fail to find the right one-there are so many folders with data,that i don`t know,which one i have to edit.
It's in the U-boat folders in "Data/Submarine." You need to edit the NSS_[u-boat].upcge file. Just change the numbers in the MaxPettyOfficers= and MaxOfficers= lines that are already in the files.
Frederick J. Barnett
"Someone's got to take the responsibility if the job's going to get done!! Do you think that's easy?!" Gregory Peck - The Guns Of Navarone

Offline Taylor

• Matrose
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 03:32:01 PM »
Thanx a lot!
I was unshure if it was in the main data/ submarine folder or in one of the mods/data......

Offline f138573

• Matrose
Re: Crew Rank Fix
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 05:30:56 PM »
good job, thanx!