Change the pin-up and all 3 ship posters
1 (50%)
Include the propaganda posters
1 (50%)
Do not include the propaganda posters
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: May 02, 2012, 09:57:52 PM

Author Topic: [POLL] More office pin-ups?  (Read 4102 times)

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
[POLL] More office pin-ups?
« on: April 25, 2012, 09:57:52 PM »
My next project is to do something about the pin-up poster on the left side shelves in the office. I intend to add a function to my SH4 Randomizer program to replace the original postere.dds file...

...with a randomly selected edited one, like this:

But then I got to thinking, why stop there? I've never been crazy about the two IJN ship posters. Especially the carrier one, because the last one on it is the Taiho, which wasn't commissioned until 1944, and had an active service life of about three months! I doubt the USN even knew the ship's name until after the war. So I thought about doing this:

I've also thought about including some wartime propaganda posters, like so:

The only problems with using the propaganda posters is seeing them before they actually existed, either because you're starting a career right or shortly after Pearl Harbor, or even before if using my Pre PH mod. The other problem is that while most of the ones I've chosen are like the example given, some are of other types, including a few VERY un-PC ones. If the propaganda posters are voted on to be used, I would include those for the sake of historical accuracy.

Both leave the U.S. subs posters, which I don't have a problem with. But, why not go all the way too:

Since most, or even all, might not agree with what I might decide on my own, I figured I'd put up to a vote. Choose the format you would want most, and whether or not to include the propaganda posters. Voting will be open until Thursday morning, May 3rd. I will also post this poll on the UBISoft SH4 forum and on Subsim.com.
Frederick J. Barnett
"Someone's got to take the responsibility if the job's going to get done!! Do you think that's easy?!" Gregory Peck - The Guns Of Navarone

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
Re: [POLL] More office pin-ups?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 02:59:01 PM »
Last day to vote.
Frederick J. Barnett
"Someone's got to take the responsibility if the job's going to get done!! Do you think that's easy?!" Gregory Peck - The Guns Of Navarone

Offline Phoenix 1957

• SHMF Mod Manager
  • Kapitänleutnant
  • Silent Hunter III
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 04:34:11 PM »
They all look dam good how can you vote  confusedeyes

Offline fred8615

• Modmaker
  • Oberbootmannsmaat
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 11:22:34 PM »
Okay, polls are now closed. Here's the total from all three sites:

Change just the given pin-up picture          1

Change the pin-up and 2 ship posters         1

Change the pin-up and all 3 ship posters     9

Include the propaganda posters                12

Do not include the propaganda posters       1

Since it was pretty obvious after only a few days how the vote was going to go, I went ahead and started creating the files. So the first set will be uploaded soon.
Frederick J. Barnett